Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leica Magnus flip up cover?

Leica Magnus flip up cover?

I recently bought a Leica Magnus 1.8-12 x 50 scope and am wondering about flip up scope covers.
    will a butler creek cover fit on the ocular lens? Not sure if the IR dial will prevent it?

A european leica dealer says me during this year Leica will launch on the market flip-up lens cover as Swaro and Zeiss

Quote Originally Posted by Capreolus257 View Post
    A european leica dealer says me during this year Leica will launch on the market flip-up lens cover as Swaro and Zeiss
    Thanks for that! I'll keep an eye out.....

I have rewrite to this dealer he says probably the lens cover be in stock in September or October but they will have certainly info on March during the Iwa

Does anyone have any furthe info on the flip up covers for a Leica Magnus?

Check out the Vortex ones, saw some last night looked very robust and well fitting, not on a Vortex scope either?

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Check out the Vortex ones, saw some last night looked very robust and well fitting, not on a Vortex scope either?
    Vortex Defender, about 15.00 with an unconditional lifetime guarantee, read it and weep butler creek.
    Never a Lender or Borrower be

I have 2 x Magnus scopes and also waiting on Leica flip up covers, was going to bend their ear if they are attending the Ragley Hall game fair. .. Tried butler creek non ocular lens type covers, they fit, but one has already broken after 10 months.

Just checked my Leica Magnus scopes, need 47-48mm at the Ocular end. The info on the Vortex says the Ocular cover will fit as far as 46mm, pity as the Vortex flip cover looks the business.

Check out Vortex Defender Flip Caps

I have just bought a couple of sets. They are brilliant, I have tenebrex on a Schmidt and bender these are as good. Wish I hadn't bought the tenebrex.

I will measure the ocular on my Zeiss V8 when I get home. It's pretty big and the covers are stretchy.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"