Thread: Hill Stag

Talking Hill Stag

Hi all,

Decided that this year might be a good time to shoot my first "proper stag". I would love to shoot a red on the hill, but a Sika is nearly as good, a chance of both would be ace!

As I said I would like it to be on the hill, I do enough low ground stuff. It would also be best if the Lake district - rather than Scotland. Incidentally I know Johnathon Standing, and will get hold of him as soon as I can (he just doesnt seem to pick up his phone much!) as he might be my best bet. I want to shoot a beast in hard antler (not bothered about points) as I hope to skull mount him.

On a budget of (hopefully) 200, and the cheaper the better as it means more days on the hill.

PM or post on here your recomendations/info

Thanks
    Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

First of all best of luck with your quest Sam. What I can add is that 200 for a Red Stag in the Lake District will be hard to find, and a Sika is probably possible for about 200 but it will not be a mature animal.

You may strike lucky, I very much hope you do, but you may need to extend your search and up your price a little I think. It is certainly feasable to find a pricket, spiker Sika and up to a 6 pointer for 200 in Scotland. But a Red Stag you will be paying from 300 upwards to 550 for a Red Stag on the open hill for the day.

Good luck

Sikamalc

i can find you a lake district stag but wil only be a spiker for 200 on average your looking at 100 per point

Sam

I can put you in touch with someone for woodland stags, in Lake District vicinity.

Unsure of fee though as its dependant on animal quality - thats something you would have to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Sam

I can put you in touch with someone for woodland stags, in Lake District vicinity.

Unsure of fee though as its dependant on animal quality - thats something you would have to negotiate.
    Thanks Redmist. That would be grand. If you PM a number or whatever.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore