Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: level 2

level 2

Hi all on your level 2 portfolio at the front were you wright your past experience would it benefit me to put in that i am a licenced slaughterman of 13 years and been working along side the meat hygien services and the ovs. As well as my stalking experience or dose it not matter..... Cheers Neil

I would think that would be a very useful addition Neil! That would give me the impression that you would be very knowledgeable about animal anatomy and that you'd probably seen your fair share of ailments. They might not be deer but it's all similar! I'd stick it in if I were you mate.
    MS

Regular Poster
    Hi Niel, You are not going to do yourself any harm at all by putting all relevant information in your portfolio, you can staple extra pages as well.
    One thing thay like is photos of you going through a graloch/examination, showing you checking glands ect.

Dry Powder.

Barry

It will help show you should know about anatomy and where to look for lymph nodes etc just dont get it wrong when AW asks but I think most important will be to show you have had experiance actually stalking.I have known people who have only shot 3 hill hinds accompanied expect to be given L2.

thanks for your advice lads i have also been a stalker for the passed 8 years and shot a few beast as well Cheers Neil..

Quote Originally Posted by barry thom View Post
    One thing thay like is photos of you going through a graloch/examination, showing you checking glands ect.

Barry
    I am afraid that this is now not the case. They dont want a portfolio that is stacked with photos anymore. One of the reasons being that if it is a picture of someones hands and a set of nodes (tempting to say glands), they may not be your hands and therefor does not hold any weight. This came out in the recent Approved Witness briefings.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    I have known people who have only shot 3 hill hinds accompanied expect to be given L2.
    The thing is...its all they are required to do to achieve the relevant PC's to gain an award.

A ridiculous system!

Il keep my thoughts for another time though.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Biglad, get as much info as possible into your portfolio, i have a mate who is a meat inspector and the assesor phoned and asked him to name the lymph nodes, he asked which ones? the 6 required or the other numerous ones. The assesor asked what his occupation was? when he answered the phone call was a lot shorter than some i have heard of. Stick in i'm sure all will go well.

Cheers,

Moe..

Regular Poster
    jingzy, Oops, I appologise, Lymp Nodes, Its just habit after bringing up my children and grandchildren and checking there GLANDS for swelling when thay had a temprature.
    I sent in two sets of photos that were taken durring my wittnesed stalks which clearly showed me going through the full procedure not just the hands, which could be anyones as we should all be wairing disposable gloves, but showing the whole scene.
    The fotos were comented upon, in a favouable way.
    I would have thought that photos taken by the AW and accompanying the portfolio would have been an excelent demonstration of level of competence achieved,
    But there you are i stand corrected.

Dry Powder.

Barry