Thread: Game fair in Macclesfield

Game fair in Macclesfield

Capesthorne hall Game fair 8th and 9th May
    I've never been to this one before, it's not on the gamefair lists for 2010 and doesn't seem to be very well publicised.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Cant say that I've heard of a Game Fair at this venue either.... there's normally a Country Show at Tabley later in the year but its not really worth a visit...

Rob

http://www.number1events.com/Capesth...untry_fair.htm

looks ok, I might give it a try... maybe meet up with some others from Cheshire
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

hoping ot get to Tabley on the 29th May...it is very small, but great venue and nice to not have to rush around...

ATB

Tabley that's the one that used to be at Tatton Park isn't it?

just got back from the game fair at capesthorne ,it is very small ,and no shooting and one fishing stall selling a few flies ,spoke to a few stallholders and they said they wouldnt be coming back,i thought it was very dissapointing value for the 8 quid it cost to get in

Quote Originally Posted by big eka View Post
    just got back from the game fair at capesthorne ,it is very small ,and no shooting and one fishing stall selling a few flies ,spoke to a few stallholders and they said they wouldnt be coming back,i thought it was very dissapointing value for the 8 quid it cost to get in
    Seems to be the norm with the smaller events.
    I went to Selby and that`s a four dayer. The nearest there was to a firearm was a couple of air rifles.
    Some traders had their tents slashed and gear stolen and a security guard had his face slashed when disturbing some thieves.
    Needless to say some traders said they won`t be going back.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by big eka View Post
    no shooting and one fishing stall selling a few flies
    No shooting?

This is what the website says.....

• Clay Shooting
    • Lurcher Show & Racing
    • Gundog Scurry
    • Terrier Show & Racing
    • Birds of Prey
    • Ferret Show & Racing
    • Airguns
    • Archery
    • Rural Crafts & Demonstrations
    • Cookery Theatre
    • Flycasting
    • Parade of Hounds
    • Chainsaw Carving
    • Rare Breeds
    • Craft Marquee with Demonstrations
    • Trade Stands
    • Fine Food Marquee with Demonstrations
    • Quad Bike Rides
    • Vintage Fairground
    • Licensed Bar & Catering Outlets
    • Arena Timetable

http://www.number1events.com/Capesth...untry_fair.htm