Thread: Adjustable comb for synthetic stocks

Adjustable comb for synthetic stocks

Kalix Teknik A company in Sweden making adjustable combs for synthetic stocks for most popular rifles.
    Dont know what price they are but they look quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by palo View Post
    Kalix Teknik A company in Sweden making adjustable combs for synthetic stocks for most popular rifles.
    Dont know what price they are but they look quite good.
    They are 1295 Sek thats about 100 UK and you fit them yourself. I had a adjustable comb fitted on my Mauser M03 extreme by kolvcam.se These are the people that fit adjustable combs to factory new Mauser, Merkel and Blaser. They do a first class job all be it more expensive than the Kalix Teknik ones.

Most of the stocks they list already have high, straight combs for telescopic sights, way to high for quick mounting for iron sights. And the stocks which do work well for iron sights are mostly wood, like the Sako Bavarian, which will not accommodate their retrofit.

Well I have owned or used most of the stocks listed and the combs were all too low for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Most of the stocks they list already have high, straight combs for telescopic sights, way to high for quick mounting for iron sights. And the stocks which do work well for iron sights are mostly wood, like the Sako Bavarian, which will not accommodate their retrofit.

The M03 has a straight comb and is perfect for the open sights but about a half inch to low for a scope. Kolvcam .se would have no problem fitting adjustable comb on a Sako Bavarian

Palo, I made my own very cheap version: some grey pipe insulation, which has an incision that runs the length of the same (for 20mm copper pipe), cut to suit the required length, bearing in mind you have to leave enough room for the bolt to both be taken out and for reloading, placed on top of the stock, taped into place with black gaffer tape. I have done my 2 mannichlers pro hunter 2 using this method, as the comb was very low, and I was unable to mount the rifle, get a full picture without having to lift it off my cheekbone

It may not look the part, but it certainly works, as soon as I mount the rifle I can see through the scope instantly, and get the full picture. And it is really comfortable to boot! cost about 1:50p for 2 rifles

There is a guy selling kydex adjustable cheek pieces on eBay that work in a similar way. Not quite as neat but about 40 have not tried one yet.

I made my own for not a great deal of money.
    If your handy enough it's really quite straightforward
    Here's the post, makes a great improvement

DIY Kydex Cheek piece

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    I made my own for not a great deal of money.
    If your handy enough it's really quite straightforward
    Here's the post, makes a great improvement

DIY Kydex Cheek piece
    +1