Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: What a waste of a perfect animal

  1. #1

    What a waste of a perfect animal

    Hi,

    On my way home from aberdeen last night. Banchory to fettercairn road
    came accross this great beast lying by road.
    Stopped for a look as we do.
    Shame, about 18/20 stone weight.
    Nice stag.
    Crawled 30 yards to his demise.
    Honda bits lying everywhere.....
    Attachment 979

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Hi,

    On my way home from aberdeen last night. Banchory to fettercairn road
    came accross this great beast lying by road.
    Stopped for a look as we do.
    Shame, about 18/20 stone weight.
    Nice stag.
    Crawled 30 yards to his demise.
    Honda bits lying everywhere.....
    Attachment 979
    Sad, I know, but I wonder how the biker is feeling.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

  3. #3
    Harry mac,

    How do you know it was a biker? (Im maybe blatently obvious, but im lost!)


    atb
    Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    Sad, I know, but I wonder how the biker is feeling.
    Sad, but nice one Harry

    ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

  5. #5
    I should have thought if it was a Biker, there would have been bits of him/her lying beside the carcas
    Maybe it was a 2 litre Honda accord
    Such a shame about the beast but would it not have been good enough for dog food or was it bloated

  6. #6
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Posts
    894
    I know that road very well as i used to be a keeper on Fasque estate. It is a bad road in the daylight and can be deadly at night if you are unfamiliar with it. It is a shame indeed that any beast gets killed on the road.

    i wonder what state the driver was in?

  7. #7
    Poor old boy, just spoken to an RSPCA officer and he himself is dealing with 2-3 RTA's a week down here in cambs let alone the deer numbers up there!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Harry mac,

    How do you know it was a biker? (Im maybe blatently obvious, but im lost!)


    atb
    Sam
    Hi,

    was a car ha ha front grille lying everywhere. costly excersise..
    f.

  9. #9
    hi,

    pm me please met a guy called brian who shoots that area other side from the estate you mentioned when i was there last night. silver landy..

    f.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I should have thought if it was a Biker, there would have been bits of him/her lying beside the carcas
    Maybe it was a 2 litre Honda accord
    Such a shame about the beast but would it not have been good enough for dog food or was it bloated

    bloated and solid two days old min.

Similar Threads

  1. Deer Strike on Animal 24:7 now
    By Pippa in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 19:33
  2. Animal signs
    By pw7x57 in forum Photos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-06-2009, 20:55
  3. ANIMAL WELFARE ACT 2006
    By woody in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 17:59
  4. what a waste
    By thanxsa lot in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 19:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •