Thread: Free standing high seat plans

Free standing high seat plans

Hi all,

Does anybody have a set of free standing high seat plans for both wood and steel? I have tried the search but all the links are old and even the basc website doesn't seem to do them now!

I am preferably going to make 2 man seats but suppose a one man may be easily altered.

Thanks Drew

Quote Originally Posted by D13REW View Post
    Hi all,

Does anybody have a set of free standing high seat plans for both wood and steel? I have tried the search but all the links are old and even the basc website doesn't seem to do them now!

I am preferably going to make 2 man seats but suppose a one man may be easily altered.

Thanks Drew
    Post no 10 if I done this right on the bloody iPhone!!

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...5&d=1425304131
    Last edited by redlab; 11-11-2015 at 10:12.

Hi all,

Thanks Drew
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...uble-High-Seat

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Hi
    High seat made of 100X50 mm timbers to make a square 1.2 meters, 100x50 mm timbers can be bought in 2.4, 3.6, or 4.8 meters so you can make it what high you like the uprights are 100 x50, up one side make a ladder by putting the steps as you want, about 900mm form the top make a platform with decking boards and the put the seat to the high you want.PM me if you want a photo of one I have made.
    Cheers David

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Post no 10 if I done this right on the bloody iPhone!!

https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=53445&d=1425304131
    Like this one?

I don't why there is an obsession to build highseats without a roof in a country that has a lot of rain?
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Hi all,

Thanks Drew
    The drawing doesent show the dimension of the lower seat support corectly which is 1.2m not 1.1 it also doesent show we had to put 3X1 strapping diaganols across the back legs to stiffen it up. We got the cost down by using 18mm structural stirling board for the seat base and back but i suspect the decking to give a much longer service life. I have done all the seats on my permision in the decking.

http://www.dagse.co.uk/wp-content/up...gHigh-Seat.jpg

Resources | Deer Action Group
    Last edited by Chasey; 11-11-2015 at 08:17.

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    Like this one?

I don't why there is an obsession to build highseats without a roof in a country that has a lot of rain?
    It is a fair point, but from a couple of angles I would say quite a lot are against trees so you can attempt to secure it as they do get stolen, also from a person who makes his own which 4 are strapped to trees then adding a roof would mean a lot more work also I have found with the height of 8/10 ft the limbs are quite small but having a roof would mean cutting a lot away.
    A good case for a free standing option, I just feel it is down to costs as a roof will need a bigger foot print or some additional method of keeping it standing....
    I sat in a few free standing singles last week with all of them on the edge of rides or tucked in front of a tree using it as back ground cover. ( I did take a few pictures at the end of the sessions an have some box section to pick up )

Tim.243

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 11-11-2015 at 17:54. Reason: spelling
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Thanks all. Still undecided which to do

Rather than getting some plan on the internet for free, I suggest you get the book Hochsitzbau einfach und praktisch by Anton Schmid. ISBN 978-3-8354-1223-1

There are many designs for different situations and you can then choose the one you need and modify accordingly.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle