Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How on earth can you kill a Deer!!!!

How on earth can you kill a Deer!!!!

The ignorance of some people
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-in-video.html

People really need to be educated on the issue of Deer Management. The video can be seen here:

Good on him I say.

How do these people think meat gets into supermarkets? Someone has killed it one way or another, usually by electricuting it then sticking a spike in it's head.
    Even my 4 year old daughter isn't that naive... she watched as the head keeper butchered a red hind that Daddy shot
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I just find it completely fatuous that they needed to get the RSPCA to comment on whether any laws were broken. The LACS view seems to be that it's OK to stalk as long as you don't enjoy it unless of course you're shooting diseased animals on their sanctuaries.

Whenever I've come across this sort of objection I just ask the questioner if they eat meat and if they do then the argument is over. I have a friend who eats meat but won't eat lamb because they're cute and nice to watch in the fields, she fails to understand that if we did not eat lamb then there wouldn't be any cute little lambs in the fields.
    Last edited by paul k; 06-05-2010 at 16:16.

I hear an echo of my ideology from him , in effect, "Why should we hide away".
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

This was a feature on Granada reports last week.

I wrote an email of complaint to Granada stating that why was an every day important rural occurence even featured.

I recieved acknowledgement and thanks for my email and said that it had been forwarded to the appropriate personnel but I haven't recieved any further correspondence.

I will chase it up again now I have had the reminder.

I fail to see how anyone can find stalking crule. Do they even know the actualy definition of the word cruel? Dog fighting is cruel for example, deer stalking is not cruel.

Just had a look on the LACS website. Couldn't find much on stalking, or shooting for that matter, but I did find this:

What on earth happened on the railway track?

At a guess something went splat? I find it disturbing that well organised groups target hunts using methods amounting to terrorism in some cases and then moan for getting a hard time from huntsmen or their supporters in the field.

As for Keiron and that article, he's a novice so such stalking experiences are going to be a buzz. Trying to turn the piece into an anti style promo article is just bad form by the media.

People should just agree to disagree and eat more dominoes pizza. Happy days....

Railway track

Going by the way that they are smoking, they may well have touched a conductor rail, which provides trains with up to 750 volts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootneck45 View Post
    Going by the way that they are smoking, they may well have touched a conductor rail, which provides trains with up to 750 volts.

I did a search and found that five hounds were electroucuted on the lines. That may of been it.

Fox hounds are absolutely marvelous animals and they can actually make quite good pets.