Thread: wildfowling at Dornoch

wildfowling at Dornoch

Hi guys me and some mates are going up to Dornoch and the Cromarty to do some flights on he geese and the ducks
    Do anyone now were the best place to go and what are the birds like there atm as I've never shot there before any info will be great
    Cheers

I'm a bit further south but have shot the Dornoch firth in the past. Seems to be a few geese about now anyway.

I'm sure if you popped into Macleods of Tain Robin or Gregor might give you one or two pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by nicky-hoskins View Post
    Hi guys me and some mates are going up to Dornoch and the Cromarty to do some flights on he geese and the ducks
    Do anyone now were the best place to go and what are the birds like there atm as I've never shot there before any info will be great
    Cheers
    I know the area very well and have shot Geese/Ducks in the past in most of the area but in particular the Dornoch.

I think you will find that most of the access to the Cromarty is tied up by the Cromarty and District Wildfowlers. But as it is such a vast firth you may find a local farmer willing to let you on his fields?

On the Dornoch one of the bets places is Miekel Ferry. There is a caravan site and the bay to the left can hold good numbers of Widgeon. Many of the feeding areas for the Greys are tied up, but you can try James Munroe at Pitkerrie Farm, Hill of Fearn. He holds a great many areas for Greys and has land all round Loch Eye which is a huge roost for most of the Greylags in the area.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Cheers travler and sikamalc for the help so on the Cromarty there's a club that's got it so were about has the club got

I haven't heard of the Cromarty club and I'm from up that neck of the woods.