Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sellier and bellot

Sellier and bellot

Anyone used or have any experience of this.? I've seen some 6.5 x 55 131gr sp for 12.75 a box, if that's the right price!?

Hi Boarboy,
    How many cartridges in a box ?

Used them a few years ago for stalking in my 30-06. Pretty decent for up to 200 yards but cannot comment on further up range. Came in packs of 20 if I remember correctly. That price for a 20 pack is reasonable IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by darkstalker View Post
    Used them a few years ago for stalking in my 30-06. Pretty decent for up to 200 yards but cannot comment on further up range. Came in packs of 20 if I remember correctly. That price for a 20 pack is reasonable IMHO
    If its 20 for 6.5x55 that's cheaper than privy!!! Buy it buy it all!!!!!!

I Managed to get some 8x57 for 19 a box, it's not the newest of stock..... Been on the shelf since 1996, but I've had it tested and it's fine (or at least the ones tested were.....) your price sounds like a steal! Go for it.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

There was a time, quite some time ago when I was in Germany and used a 7x57r, that the only choice I had was RWS, GECO or S&B.
    I could either buy RWS and live on bread and butter for a week or buy S&B and not notice the dosh missing from my pocket ;-) so S&B it was.
    It worked fine in the Merkel O&U I had at the time but, as has already been said by DS, I never needed to use it over 200yds so have no idea what it performs like over extended distances.
    The thing I can remember tho is, that the used brass went very dark after a while, more a copper colour than brass.
    I didn't reload that particular calibre at the time so have no idea what the brass is like for reloading.
    If I had the chance of S&B in any of the calibres I use now at the price of PPU I reckon I would jump at the chance.

It had the nickname **** & billig for "Sellier and bellot" in Germany but it works well enough and is less expensive.
    Martin

Am using it in 9.3x74r and 9.3x62 with NO problems at all just plenty of dead boar and deer.

I will have to phone and check the price, and number boxed, but its listed as 12.75 on there website.

Use s&b all the time in my 204 ,tidy round for the price 16 a box.