Karl Kaps service costs?

gduk

Hi, I have a 1.5-6 x 42 Karl Kaps and was looking for an idea on service time and costs, I know S&B are reasonable costs, has anyone got experience of getting one of these done, many thanks.

If it's out of warranty why not get it serviced here in UK.
There's a guy in Selsey that comes very well recommended.
He has been used by some of the SD members and myself but, unfortunately due to just getting a new PC I have lost his contact details.
I know Bobjs of this site used him as well so perhaps he can come up with the contact details.

Quote "I have had bad experience with out house optics experts...often don't have a clue and ruin the scope or binos. edi Quote"

How often have you had a bad experience of 'Out house Optic Experts' Edi ?
I have used and been very pleased with the guy at Selsey and he was good enough to be employed by the Aero Industry as an Optical Instrument Technician before he retired.
Looking at his workshop you would think he is employed in the Space Industry now judging by all his technical equipment.
There is also a very good Optical Technician in the Glasgow area that is very good with most glass but is very, very good with Zeiss equipment.

Quote "I have had bad experience with out house optics experts...often don't have a clue and ruin the scope or binos. edi Quote"

How often have you had a bad experience of 'Out house Optic Experts' Edi ?
I have used and been very pleased with the guy at Selsey and he was good enough to be employed by the Aero Industry as an Optical Instrument Technician before he retired.
Looking at his workshop you would think he is employed in the Space Industry now judging by all his technical equipment.
There is also a very good Optical Technician in the Glasgow area that is very good with most glass but is very, very good with Zeiss equipment.

Yes I had bad experience with two or three zeiss products at possibly one of those you mentioned. Never again.
I have had good experience with a German company that fixed a Leupold scope of mine, however this was a company approved by Leupold for repairs.
It is mostly better to go to the manufacturer for repairs than an optical shop, hell they might have never even seen your particular instrument before.
At S&B they would even just change a lens if they think it is to scratched or not up to it. At least they did that to a scope I sent in, good luck with that at
an out house optic shop.
edi

Back