Wanted: gamekepper/stalker/ghille

jamieboybsm

i am looking for somewhere to help out i am 21years old and really would like to get a bit of experiace i am intrested in gamekeeping and hopeing to get into collage next year i am looking for somewere that can teach me alot and would like to help out anywere and ano this isnt anything to do with the fourm but i have been fishing all my life and would like to help out on a beat
Just hope someone can send me on the right track
Thanks jamie

I'd say go to a few local shoots and gain the trust of the keeper, beat for them if possible to also prove your worth ''you wouldn't believe how many people can't walk in a straight line !! Or follow simple instructions
Regards
Jimmy

i am looking for somewhere to help out i am 21years old and really would like to get a bit of experiace i am intrested in gamekeeping and hopeing to get into collage next year i am looking for somewere that can teach me alot and would like to help out anywere and ano this isnt anything to do with the fourm but i have been fishing all my life and would like to help out on a beat
Just hope someone can send me on the right track
Thanks jamie

Good luck, I'm sure someone will be able to direct you. But if I might offer some advice.
When providing information as above in the form of an application, check, double check and check again things like spelling and punctuation. This is effectively a job application, albeit speculative, and first impressions are important. I know you don't need a degree in English to be a keeper/ghilie etc. but that's not the point.
This is not an attack at all, just to say that the picture you portray to prospective employers is very important, and in this day and age there are lots of people leaving college with experience at writing applications and preparing CV's.
Best of luck.

Good luck, I'm sure someone will be able to direct you. But if I might offer some advice.
When providing information as above in the form of an application, check, double check and check again things like spelling and punctuation. This is effectively a job application, albeit speculative, and first impressions are important. I know you don't need a degree in English to be a keeper/ghilie etc. but that's not the point.
This is not an attack at all, just to say that the picture you portray to prospective employers is very important, and in this day and age there are lots of people leaving college with experience at writing applications and preparing CV's.
Best of luck.
+1
My aunt used to hold a high enough position for a corporate group. If a cv had spelling errors they would bin it regardless of the applicants qualifications. Her view was that if the applicant didn't prepare the cv correctly, they would have the same attitude to work.
Maybe a bit of a generalisation but I can see her point.
Although these phones make it very easy to make mistakes. Best of luck

Best of luck.

Very sound advice, tactfully put.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a quick learner. Here's an updated version taking the feedback into account.

I am 21 years old and really would like to gain experience in gamekeeping.I am fully prepared to roll up my sleeves & help out in any syndicate or business which gives me relevant experience.I am aiming to get into college next year and would like to be able to show that I've got out there and found relevant work.I've been fishing all my life (rather than sitting in front of a Playstation) and would like to help out on a beat.In a perfect world, I'd love somewhere that has both shooting and fishing.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to offer something relevant to help me along this journey.

Many thanks,*
Jamie

Thanks for the advice. I'm a quick learner. Here's an updated version taking the feedback into account.

I am 21 years old and really would like to gain experience in gamekeeping.I am fully prepared to roll up my sleeves & help out in any syndicate or business which gives me relevant experience.I am aiming to get into college next year and would like to be able to show that I've got out there and found relevant work.I've been fishing all my life (rather than sitting in front of a Playstation) and would like to help out on a beat.In a perfect world, I'd love somewhere that has both shooting and fishing.

I'm hoping that someone might be able to offer something relevant to help me along this journey.

Many thanks,*
Jamie

:tiphat:

Many thanks,*
Jamie

An excellent response.

I sometimes employ people to assist with quite complex technical tasks & the things I look for above all else are enthusiasm to learn, the ability to visualise the consequences of their actions & gumption/common sense; if they have these attributes (which are extremely rare) I can teach them to do just about anything.

Good luck.
Wish I was 21 again as I would do many things differently. You will have many advantages but you have not yet discovered them.
Martin

Back