Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an 'Establishment'

Is there an 'Establishment'

One of those questions which, now and again, comes to mind through some event or other that there is a group of people, loosely called the Establishment which protects itself and its members from too detailed scrutiny.
    The event which caused me some concern in this respect was the imposition of a 100 year ban on the material from Dunblane being publicly available.
    Its easy to believe its paranoia, perhaps that would be its best defence, if it existed?

Yep it is called the Freemasons.

S

Quote Originally Posted by scoby270 View Post
    Yep it is called the Freemasons.

S

Jim

The 100 year rule on those documents has been in place for over a decade, why the sudden interest now?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    The 100 year rule on those documents has been in place for over a decade, why the sudden interest now?
    what's to hide ? and why should the public ( that's me you and the rest of the population) be kept away from this information it should not be a state secret . the 100 year rule is not very often used so that makes me wonder what is in this report that they don't want people of this generation to know about ? .

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    10years and surprise, surprise, a lot of related information about paedophiles has come to light. Also I have been concerned ever since T B liar enacted it and third, it was an example - there are others - are you a member of the establishment ?

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    10years and surprise, surprise, a lot of related information about paedophiles has come to light. Also I have been concerned ever since T B liar enacted it and third, it was an example - there are others - are you a member of the establishment ?
    share some examples....

[QUOTE=kes;1039809 are you a member of the establishment ?[/QUOTE]
    No.
    better go and check your tin foil hats not slipping off......

I am a mason. But nobody tells me anything

I think the 100 year ban on the release of documents has been around for a long time though used very very seldom. It was used over an incident involving Gordon of Khartoum in the 19th century and also over an incident in 1917 during WW1 or so I understand. Regarding Dunblane 106 documents are being held secret though attempts, not least by parents of the victims, to have the papers released have been made.