Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish land reform (land grab)

Scottish land reform (land grab)

Landowners could be 'stripped of well managed property' - Telegraph

Now it appears that not even well managed land is off limits to community land grabs

I think it's an absolute disgrace
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Now there's a surprise - wealth redistribution, a classic left doctrine and well received by those who dont own land and hope for a windfall.

thats why if you have the nerve you can pick land up quite cheaply at the moment up here - farms are being sold at silly money - 1/2 the guide price. And if the land reforms go through and the land is then bought by the local community, well its amazing the number of Southern English accents there are among those west highland communities!!!!
    Last edited by Heym SR20; 12-11-2015 at 19:11.

And folk still vote for this communist party. Have a look at the named person legislation. Every parent has to be vetted for suitability. It is a sickening intrusion into family life. They demand to rule every aspect of life in Scotland. It did not work in Russia. China is moving away from it. What happens when we go broke? They are designing a new Scotland based on what it was like 300-1000 years ago.

Obviously the same would apply to golf courses and other such sporting estates like Celtic and Rangers pitches?

I suspect there is a European law somewhere that may put the kybosh on Ms Sturgens plans.

"Drunk with power!" is the phrase that springs to mind when reading about the SNP
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Where are all the wee eck and lego haired troll supporters so I can say in bold ''I told you so''...

Be careful what you wish for eh Paul?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Isn't that what Mugabe has done in Zimbabwe. Given working farms to the locals for their votes. Mind you Donald Trumps face would be a picture when he has to give up his golf course to put sheep on

SD Regular
    I suspect there is a European law somewhere that may put the kybosh on Ms Sturgens plans.
    Oh not the EU. No good is the EU. Blah, blah, blah, blah...

Yes. The same EU that ensured that when pistols were banned in 1996 that the Government had to compensate the owners. Thank God for it I say!