Thread: Seeland keeper jacket And trousers

Seeland keeper jacket And trousers

Anyone got this. What's your thoughts?

had one, would never buy seeland again. it leaked like a sieve

Really? I have the keeper jacket and trousers and have always kept me dry.
    Yes the outer layer gets wet and can give the cold feeling of wet legs if sitting in a seat but the waterproof layer has never let me down yet in over 2 years. If you wear light thermal layers underneath you dont notice it at all and always bone dry underneath.
    Out in mine 2 - 3 times a week so fair to say they have been tested

Had the beater and keeper gear and lingfield gotta admit its good for the sure it leaks eventually but mine still give good service
    Norma

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Really? I have the keeper jacket and trousers and have always kept me dry.
    Yes the outer layer gets wet and can give the cold feeling of wet legs if sitting in a seat but the waterproof layer has never let me down yet in over 2 years. If you wear light thermal layers underneath you dont notice it at all and always bone dry underneath.
    Out in mine 2 - 3 times a week so fair to say they have been tested
    Sounds like you are ready to reproof the outershell, as this should always be repellent.
    Our blog tells you what to do here: -
    Rugged s Blog: How To: Aftercare for Waterproof Garments

All the best
    Andrew
    Rugged & Tough

Depends on what your day to day activities are. There are 3 suits in this style all with different cloths:
    Keeper: Excellent all round but has a softer facecloth, perfect for shooting and general country work. Almost Silent so good to stealth work
    Exeter Advantage: Tougher cloth and a working range for keepers, dog workers etc. Quiet
    Marsh: Tough Nylon reinforcements make this a good all rough tough suit. Great for Beating too. Not silent.

We sell all three in the store and always will ask that your main day to day activity is.

Feel free to call the store on 01525 211488 we are open 7 days.

All the best
    Andrew
    Rugged & Tough
    Seeland Jackets Page 1

I ordered Keeper trousers and Marsh jacket and when the Marsh jacket arrived it was absolutely massive. I ordered for a 50" chest (size 60 I believe) but I could fit my daughter inside as well

I also felt the Marsh was tough but too noisy for stalking

SO I backed it to R&T above and swapped for a Keeper in size 54 which I think is 44" chest but it fits my 48.5 inch chest very nicely and the arms don’t hang over my hands any more

When it gets wet the outer shell is absorbent and so its cold especially for high seat use but the water isn’t going through past the inner layer. The fabric is soft and combined with the lining in the trousers it makes for a very comfortable and quiet stalking outfit. For the heavy rain in a high seat I wore my Seeland poncho over the top to avoid frozen legs

I stalked for four hours Monday morning in it at Eridge park and again in the afternoon for three hours and despite one shot which involved a 20m crawl on my belly through wet grass, I was dry and comfortable.
    Same belly crawl on Friday for my final DSC2 deer and again the suit kept me dry but again cold feeling on legs due to damp outer shell.

After a drenching last Saturday I was dry but the jacket took a long time to dry out on the outer shell

Design wise the over boot flap is excellent and fit over my Muck Boots no problem at all. The copious amount of pockets is handy and the two security pockets inside the zip on the chest are useful and one contained a snazzy little two tone whistle which was nice. Trousers have a game holder on them which will be useful at Christmas on the pheasant shoot.

The hood dose the usual scrunch up into the neck disappearing job but I didn’t like the look or feel of having it that way so I carry it in a pocket.

The design of the raised turtle neck is excellent and warm in use. The fabric outer shell is nice but gives the impression of being easily damaged. That said I haven’t damaged it yet, it just feels that way

Strangly the waste of the trousers is the opposite of the chest in the jacket. I ordered a 38" waste but it’s a bit on the small size due to the cut of the trousers?

I feel the waste is quite high, so if like me you have a 42" gut over your 38" waste, you will find the same issue

I don’t back it because I am seriously planning on losing weight

I use it with braces and it has buttons in all the right places for those. I am currently using them with the waste buttons undone [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mark/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.png[/IMG]

I also think the whole thing looks quite smart and presentable

Defo needs base layers for the legs and a body warmer under the coat for harsh winter use but I was looking for a light weight stalking suit so this is not a complaint

I bought from Rough and Tough and they handled the return of the Marsh jacket well and the post was quick enough. I was offered a discount on the Keeper to match my local shop (where I went to try on the different sizes) but when I got my card statement they had charged me full list price?

I didn’t follow up on this because I couldn't be arsed for the sake of 10

Value for money I think is pretty good

My previous suit was a Jhat Jhat which is super comfy but not waterproof

HTH

Chase
    Last edited by Chasey; 17-11-2015 at 15:12. Reason: spelling