Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer Stalkers

Angry Volunteer Stalkers

The DI are asking for the above for the Wye valley area (see website) - strange to note that among other things required is Emergency First Aid (+ Forestry but they offer assistance to obtain this) - I was rejected on the last round for the north because that's all I had and not the 3 day First Aid at Work certificate - are you safer in the Wye valley??????? or ............ fill in your own reason.
    TonyC

May be due to the lack of applicants for the northern areas having the required certificates has prompted a review for the Wye valley, thus offering assistance in obtaining the required certificates.

They had 77 applicants for the North, so why change the goalposts for another region, seems to be inconsistent and unfair , be interesting to see how many areas went to which volunteers in the north, maybe the DI should review their allocations in the light of their change in the ground rules.
    TonyC

No goalposts changed they clearly put up they could arrange the +part of the first aid in the original enquiry for volunteer stalkers. Atb Wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

tony what confirmation did you receive to say you where unsuccessful, was it a email or letter ????

223 - By email and after further inquiry details by text.

Mereside - change in goalposts is between Wye Valley requiring EFAW (1 day course) and Northern sites requiring FAW (3 day course), assistance on gaining Forestry was offered in addition!

Very frustrating situation which smacks of gross unfairness especially if they gave more areas to some applicants due to others being rejected because they only had the EFAW. I am really tempted to make an issue of this unfairness with both the DI and Woodland Trust. I really did support the principles involved with the DI and assisted wherever I could in the North but I am quickly becoming as cynical as many others seem to be.
    TonyC

im sure its very fair and transparent , no envelopes in sight lol

Tony, I can't help feeling that your time would be better spent getting all the qualifications that they require so that they can't turn you down again?
    Good luck. baguio

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Tony, I can't help feeling that your time would be better spent getting all the qualifications that they require so that they can't turn you down again?
    Good luck. baguio
    Apart from first aid issue everything else is as required
    TonyC