Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mild Conditions

Account Suspended

Mild Conditions

Can't believe how mild it is.
    I wonder what the wild life is making of it.

Still a few lost midgies about in the Pfalzerwald, T shirt weather most days this last week.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Just had the first frosty morning here. -4c, sat out for a few hours waiting for a fox but nothing seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    Just had the first frosty morning here. -4c, sat out for a few hours waiting for a fox but nothing seen.
    Nearly a frost last night. Only shot 5 jays this morning. Now i must go a put on my winter tyres on the car.

Tooooo mild pheasants everywhere not on feed rides and deer shy from the very windy conditions !
    Norma

We had snow fall on the hill tops, Friday/Satarday, today however is as you say very!! Mild.

M

It's true, pheasants all over creation. Still far too much natural food about for them. Hopefully the rainy season will finish soon and it'll freeze. The forecast is for a hard winter. But we will have to see.

still loads of bloody flies near my ferrets boxes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    It's true, pheasants all over creation. Still far too much natural food about for them. Hopefully the rainy season will finish soon and it'll freeze. The forecast is for a hard winter. But we will have to see.
    Cumbria is horrendous with the rain we've had. I've never seen the river Kent so high more so around levens.
    from next Thursday its suppose to freeze. Truely hope the rivers freeze and a few days dry.

Very mixed day to day here in north Derbyshire. very, very mild last weekend, was to hot in winter gear shooting on Sunday. Flies in abundance had trouble keeping them off the rabbits. Last few days been cold wet and gales. No frost yet min. temp in morning been about 3 degrees.