Thread: Big Foot hunting - Monster Energy - UTV and Comp Truck...

Big Foot hunting - Monster Energy - UTV and Comp Truck...

Big foot hunting - Monster Energy - UTV and Comp Truck.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

What you reckon for suspension £15k a corner, or more?

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    +1 I don't recon a truck like that's going to be cheap!
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Lucky all those ramps were where they were... That's one punchy motah.

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    More i reckon,£15k per corner would probably be ball park for the components but its the development/design from the ground up that is priceless....

To be competitive you need 300-500k of those yankee dollars, more if you actually want to practice and a little extra if you want to put in the work to win, the top teams spend more like 700k, but are sponsered with stuff that help like transport & spares which will be required. NB this is a build cost not a season cost....

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    To be competitive you need 300-500k of those yankee dollars, more if you actually want to practice and a little extra if you want to put in the work to win, the top teams spend more like 700k, but are sponsered with stuff that help like transport & spares which will be required. NB this is a build cost not a season cost....

Oh yes, but a lot of that is frame build, engine build and transmission costs. I was referring to the cost of an actual strut / damper, which is probably off the shelf. By off the shelf I mean ordered to a standard spec. Still, could be way over 15k a unit
    I know McPhereson (s?) used to run one of these as a development truck for their suspension units and it was an awesome vehicle, it was reputed to be able to hit a boulder at 100mph without damage

Hey Rod

Off the shelf, Fox, Sway Away, Jimco etc are good brands, front end is A arms, rear end is also like a quad in that it has a swinging arm, the shocks are not on the rear corner cos travel is required in feet rather than inches and some even have central suspension units only like a race Quad or ATV, most factory teams will make their own and source component parts, from Camburg, Blitzkreig HM Racing Baja Kits, Kinetic, costs will be directly linked to chassis design and final truck weight ( as high as 7000lbs) but expect to certainly pay what you suggested as a min.

this is a good link to see a test over 100mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBSHq9N4ApM

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    That was filmed about 3 hours North of me.