Thread: Which bipod?

Which bipod?

Hi all.
    I'm in the market for a bipod for my trg and have been looking at the atlas with lever release, has anyone got any user experience or alternative suggestions?
    Thanks

Matt

Heckers

Talk to Dan at Tacfire http://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/store/rifle-accessories/bipods

He uses his an Atlas on his own Rifle

Eddie

+1 for Dan he will sort you out at a good price

Quote Originally Posted by Heckers View Post
    Hi all.
    I'm in the market for a bipod for my trg and have been looking at the atlas with lever release, has anyone got any user experience or alternative suggestions?
    Thanks

Matt
    Matt, I have the atlas with the quick release. An excellent system, so easy to attach and detach, using the locking lever system. Can attach the bipod single handed. In summertime I take the bipod off as more likely to be shooting from sticks, but carry it in my pocket in case of a shot from the track. In winter when the undergrowth dies back the bipod comes back in to play, but if I go in a doe box it comes off again! Very solid, smooth canting and panning, been invaluable for tracking moving deer. You would not regret getting one. I can't comment on the look-a-likes that are for sale, but these are definitely worth the money IMHO.

Thanks Timney, a positive response from a current user.

I have been using an Atlas bipod with quick release on my target rifles for a couple of years now too and it's brilliant. I much prefer it to my Harris. As Timney mentioned above, it can be deployed and removed one handed, it's solid, the angle adjustment is really handy and enables you to preload nicely. Well worth the cost and certainly makes sense on something like a TRG.

Got mine from Tacfire Systems and their services has always been brilliant.