Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear.

Fear.

We were in silverburn and braehead ( large shopping centers in Glasgow ) today , sitting having a coffee my mind started to wander. What if shooting broke out like in paris ?

Someone walking the floor with an automatic weapon would be unstoppable in the open spaces of the center , try and charge him down ? You would be cut down within yards.

The cold hard truth is theres nothing i could do to protect my family.

All you can do is keep alert. Note the exits and hope for the best.

And ps. I was surprised that there were no police to be seen in both shopping centers.

Scary thought my wife wants to go to London for a play my first thought was just like yours

walking across the road is't always a given you will make the other side ? but I understand your worries .

I understand your concerns but you can't think like that as that is part of the master plan of terror...

Not sure about the numbers of armed response about but would think that all major cities are covered with apparent army back up now - if it's anything like it used to be then within 10 minutes of the call help would be on the way (10 minutes is an eternity to be in cover though)

Also, you'd be surprised how some folk act when 7.62's are flying about
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    We were in silverburn and braehead ( large shopping centers in Glasgow ) today , sitting having a coffee my mind started to wander. What if shooting broke out like in paris ?

Someone walking the floor with an automatic weapon would be unstoppable in the open spaces of the center , try and charge him down ? You would be cut down within yards.

The cold hard truth is theres nothing i could do to protect my family.

All you can do is keep alert. Note the exits and hope for the best.

And ps. I was surprised that there were no police to be seen in both shopping centers.
    Doesn't mean they were not there, lots of places are under surveillance without public knowledge.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    The cold hard truth is there's nothing i could do to protect my family.
    Why is that then:

British bull****e alert from one of Mr Cameron's "security advisors":

"Police in Britain have already increased patrols around “soft targets” such as theatres in the west end of London in a direct reaction to the Paris attacks."

They only reason these "soft targets" exist in Britain (and Europe) is because you, Mr Cameron, and three generations of British politicians (and in Europe your contemporaries) before you have removed from us our right to carry or even own weapons for self-defence.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 15-11-2015 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Why is that then:

"Police in Britain have already increased patrols around “soft targets” such as theatres in the west end of London in a direct reaction to the Paris attacks."

They only reason these "soft targets" exist in Britain (and Europe) is because you, Mr Cameron, and three generations of British politicians (and in Europe your contemporaries) before you have removed from us our right to carry or even own weapons for self-defence.
    A new 'home guard' needed? - a view I have some sympathy with now we cant even carry a pen knife.

All together now on the SD...... 'Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler.......'
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

SD Regular
    I don't know KES but for certain we are now denied the right to carry weapons for self-defence.

Now...in 1948 when this was "removed" from the good reason to posses an FAC it was said that the public didn't need this as the police service could protect the public. Well as has been seen that promise wasn't kept.

I don't know about others here but surely when one side to an agreement doesn't keep its promise doesn't the other side have the right to restore itself to the position it had before that promise was broken?

It will of course never happen. We have allowed ourselves to become sheep. Reliant upon the shepherd. Sheep to be slaughtered until when the shepherd comes to save us from the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Why is that then:

Aye cause ur really far safer in a public place/school/college or shopping centre in USA, arn't u.
    Some of the mass shooting stats from over there are truely horrendous and generally not terrorists just some deranged numpty with a gun and a point to prove

Our firearms laws are not perfect by a long way but making firearms legal to be carried for self defnce would scare the hell out of me.

Ur perfectly entitled to carry a pen knife Kes, just under 3" and non locking, after that u need a 'reasonable excuse'.
    But not sure how a pen knife no matter how big the blade is going to help in that sort of situation