Goods not received

ChesterP

I placed an order over a month ago with a trader who uses this site for a cleaning rod and other cleaning supplies. The rod didn't come when promised and after chasing it up was told it had been sent out by Hermes and it was for me to chase them. I said not, as that is for them to sort. I was promised the tracking details which never materialised despite another request. It was promised and never received. Another week or two passes and nothing.

Contact dealership via email this time and ask for a refund. Refund promised "the next day" via Paypal (I paid by credit card but paypal is fine). No refund was given. Gave it a few more days and chased again, asking where the refund was, and that no refund had been received. Was told they had issues with couriers and to stop "threatening" them. I politely replied that demanding a refund for goods not received was not a threat and as they'd broken every promise to resolve the matter, I would try to get a refund via my credit card company who would take it up with them. As far as I am concerned, I'm out of pocket and they couldn't give a stuff whether I received the goods or not.

This is the most apalling service I have ever received and it was received from a "respected" trade member of this forum. I am tempted to name and shame, but the dealer knows who he is, and I hope that he will do the decent thing before this goes back through the credit card company which is an unnecessary PITA for all involved. Needless to say, I will not be using this company ever again.

I feel for you as it's not nice paying for goods that don't arrive but can you tell me the reason to this post please as it can't be a warning to people as you haven't said the firm !!
Sorry just don't get the reason for posting
Regards
Jimmy

Last edited:
I will happily share the identity of the company for anyone who wants to PM me. Just shocked to have been treated this way, and I guess wonder if I have any other recourse other than going through the card company?

i use my hermes for delivery if they dont deliver within 4 working days they refund sender, by the way its not me

greenshoots

i use my hermes for delivery if they dont deliver within 4 working days they refund sender, by the way its not me

greenshoots

No they bloody don't!

I have had the misfortune of seeing their ineptitude first hand!

They argued that because I hadnt provided the signature for collection that they couldn't honour the insurance (which is bloody expensive and runs to 5% of value)
I challenged them that having provided tracking info and details of where the chucker had allegedly delivered it that me proving they had received it into their system was futile as we both know they had it!

Drivers only get paid for delivery, so they "deliver" all the time...might be someone else's garden, a garage, wheelie bin....
Hence "Chuckers

2 weeks to get my money back meanwhile I had already refunded the eBay buyer

my current argument is over an understated weight.

Now on this occasion they are on a sticky wicket as it was 100 AMax......very accurately weighed items!
I have a box and packing materials weighed

they claim 100 x 155gr (10.04gr) Amax in a small cardboard box and paper cover weighed 2kg.......interesting
Laws of physics clearly don't operate in Hermes depots!

They have so far lost three packets in the last 6 months, overcharged me for 2 and had numerous ones delivered late
I won't be using them once this contract cycle is up

shocking

No they bloody don't!

They argued that because I hadnt provided the signature for collection that they couldn't honour the insurance (which is bloody expensive and runs to 5% of value)
I challenged them that having provided tracking info and details of where the chucker had allegedly delivered it that me proving they had received it into their system was futile as we both know they had it!

Drivers only get paid for delivery, so they "deliver" all the time...might be someone else's garden, a garage, wheelie bin....
Hence "Chuckers

Now on this occasion they are on a sticky wicket as it was 100 AMax......very accurately weighed items!

they claim 100 x 155gr (10.04gr) Amax in a small cardboard box and paper cover weighed 2kg.......interesting

They have so far lost three packets in the last 6 months, overcharged me for 2 and had numerous ones delivered late

shocking

Sadly, my past experience of Hermes has been the same. I run a small business and now use UPS. I wouldn't use Hermes to deliver a cold. UPS by contrast has never delivered late, never lost a package and never damaged a package. They are first class, or have been with me.

However, my issue isn't with Hermes per-se, it's with the trader who basically takes the stance that once he's contracted a courier, it's out of his hands and is my risk. Not so. I had no say in what courier was used, and the contract is with him not his courier. I can't see what's so hard about pinging me a refund and sorting out a claim with the courier in his own time. It's what I'd do as I value my customers, unlike this chap.

Sadly, my past experience of Hermes has been the same. I run a small business and now use UPS. I wouldn't use Hermes to deliver a cold. UPS by contrast has never delivered late, never lost a package and never damaged a package. They are first class, or have been with me.

However, my issue isn't with Hermes per-se, it's with the trader who basically takes the stance that once he's contracted a courier, it's out of his hands and is my risk. Not so. I had no say in what courier was used, and the contract is with him not his courier. I can't see what's so hard about pinging me a refund and sorting out a claim with the courier in his own time. It's what I'd do as I value my customers, unlike this chap.

As a recipient of parcels, my favourite is DPD. They have always delivered, their communication live website tracking service is 2nd to none, and they offer an excellent "leave it here please" function on their website.

No they bloody don't!

Hence "Chuckers

shocking

I'll bet they are still sitting in a sorting bin in Newbridge....:)

Hermes are atrocious. . I had a parcel 'delivered' and signed for by THEM which was then subsequently thrown over my garden gate and fell behind my wheelie bin. . . When I phoned all they could tell me was that someone at the address had signed for the parcel therefore it was delivered. . The seller refunded my funds. Some weeks later whilst out in the garden tiding up my parcel was found wedged between the bin and my shed. . . . signed for by the ****ing delivery driver. . . they are absolute shisters.

I agree, my experience with them suggests that they have no uniformity of standards nor care about what they deliver. However, my main gripe is with the gunsmith who STILL hasn't made a refund despite several emails, several broken promises, and who, if the refund is not sent by the end of this week, will be named and shamed on here. I was hoping to avoid that and still am, but what he's done amounts to theft especially since no proof was ever sent to me that the goods were dispatched. I have received no tracking information (despite promises to), and it's hard not to conclude that he never actually sent the blasted rod. I have now reported the matter to the GTA who this trader is a member of. They will hopefully be taking the matter up with them.

Last edited:
I ordered something online. Paid by paypal. And for some reason its been delivered to my home instead if my work address (3 times now).

APC parcels wont redirect to another address. Or talk to me as they have no contract with me only the sender. The sender says APC want £15 to redirect it and has stopped replying to emails. To pick it up would mean heading into glasgow and anyways they are only open when i am at work

So where do i go now ? Paypal dispute ?

I agree, my experience with them suggests that they have no uniformity of standards nor care about what they deliver.

The thing is tho, almost 100% of the drivers that deliver the parcels, are NOT "full time" drivers, they are doing it as a second job, be it a housewife, or a part time worker needing more money... and dont care about the items...the real problem is the "manager" that employs the "driver".....and as they say..."Pay peanuts, get monkeys"....

BTW, I drove for the company way before the Hermes days...it was called Direct Line then, had the Next contract, I was what was called a retail driver.... plus all the main catalogues, when it was a proper blue chip company, but nowadays they are doing Amazon, phones, etc etc etc.....they are desperate for home delivery drivers, hence they now take almost anyone....

Personally, I try not to use them if I can help it...., but, they ARE the cheapest around...:)

The thing is tho, almost 100% of the drivers that deliver the parcels, are NOT "full time" drivers, they are doing it as a second job, be it a housewife, or a part time worker needing more money... and dont care about the items...the real problem is the "manager" that employs the "driver".....and as they say..."Pay peanuts, get monkeys"....

BTW, I drove for the company way before the Hermes days...it was called Direct Line then, had the Next contract, I was what was called a retail driver.... plus all the main catalogues, when it was a proper blue chip company, but nowadays they are doing Amazon, phones, etc etc etc.....they are desperate for home delivery drivers, hence they now take almost anyone....

Personally, I try not to use them if I can help it...., but, they ARE the cheapest around...:)

Interesting, and thanks for your thoughts. Good to hear from someone who drove for them! UPS could have delivered the rod for less than a tenner on the contract that I have with them. That's cheaper than the Royal Snail who use a limit on length before prices rocket and as cheap I reckon as Hermes.

our local Hermes guy lives 1/2 a mile down the road, he knows when I will be in so drops off when he knows Im in,

cant fault them.

Back