trousers

berthaboo

More and more I hate the pain caused by brambles digging into my legs when I am out and about in the field or out with the dog.
What thorn proof / water proof trousers do people recommend ?

+1 wax leggings... I had an old pair that went to the wall at the end of last season, bought a pair of Harkila leggings for this season and there too thin for beating got well and truly brambled! Waxed leggings or over trousers are the best at keeping the brambles at bay...

Man up, and enjoy picking all those little scabs!

I'm not convinced that bramble proof & waterproof co-exist

During the shooting season (when I am at home) I am normally out 4 days a week either beating or shooting and I use the Musto base layer trousers under my normal outer trousers. I find the extra layer gives added protection from brambles without making you overheat.

ATB 243 Stalker.

chainsaw leggings if fairly static but to be honest an old pair of wax leggings are pretty good when walking

More and more I hate the pain caused by brambles digging into my legs when I am out and about in the field or out with the dog.
What thorn proof / water proof trousers do people recommend ?

When beating I always wear a pair of Wearite Milair leggings over a pair of Northface Paramount Peak convertible trousers. Both are fairly indestructible....they are both 14 years old and have done two or three days a week over the season. The leggings cope with brambles really well and are much lighter flexible and more breathable than the wax variety. They do need reproofing now though.

A bargain at less than twenty pounds.

The Northface trousers had a new zip last year, but have coped with countless snags on barbed wire without any apparent damage. Tough Nylon, DWR treated, comfy, silent and dry fast . They have just brought them out in brown and green as well as the original asphalt colour now.

Alan

Back