Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Renewal delays

  1. #1

    Renewal delays

    Hello, Does anyone have any first hand experience of recent renewal delays from Staffordshire Police? Staffs now deal with renewals for the West Midlands as well. I have a renewal of my coterminous certificate in at the moment, certificate end date is January 2016. The letter that came with the forms stated they were experiencing "a very heavy workload and there may be a delay". If anyone has recent experience of a delay please post a reply. Then I will know if to apply for the special form to be legally covered. Cheers

  2. #2
    Hi I have been experiencing problem with GMP, however my FAC / SGC are due by end November. I applied last week for a section 7 and I received a section 7 cert within 4 days. I was advised by BASC to wait 7 days before my original certs ran out.

    When I was at the midland game fair the firearms officer was very helpful with information I was asking, reference 1.4.1 variations and renewals.

    Hope all goes well.

  3. #3
    Remember as stated in another thread, you cant hold expanding ammunition on a section 7 cert

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza308 View Post
    Hello, Does anyone have any first hand experience of recent renewal delays from Staffordshire Police? Staffs now deal with renewals for the West Midlands as well. I have a renewal of my coterminous certificate in at the moment, certificate end date is January 2016. The letter that came with the forms stated they were experiencing "a very heavy workload and there may be a delay". If anyone has recent experience of a delay please post a reply. Then I will know if to apply for the special form to be legally covered. Cheers

    I have no experience of your Force, but would suggest in all cases to write by Recorded delivery to your Force some 14 days before your certificate runs out, and request a Temporary License under Section 7. This will make somebody in that office to find your -still unopened- file, and move it to the top of the pile.
    A polite request, good manners and communication generally works.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex stalker View Post
    Remember as stated in another thread, you cant hold expanding ammunition on a section 7 cert
    I am awaiting a reply regarding this from Hants police to see if this is actually true

  6. #6
    Hi Taff, I would be VERY interested to hear their reply, when you get one, as I am sure others would be too. If I have to go the section 7 route I will certainly use Recorded delivery and request info on the legality of having and using expanding ammo in my polite letter. Cheers
    Last edited by Jezza308; 17-11-2015 at 17:46. Reason: clarification

  7. #7
    Just received a reply from Hants,
    Good morning Mr Mckay

    In reply to the below enquiry you are unable to hold expanding ammunition on a section 7 permit.

    Kind regards


    12784 Pauline Snook
    Firearms Administration Officer
    Email: pauline.snook@hampshire.pnn.police.uk
    Operational Headquarters
    Mottisfont Court, Tower Street,
    Winchester, Hampshire
    SO23 8ND

  8. #8
    Hi Taff This is a bit of a bummer! So we could all be breaking the firearms legislation when our licence is delayed usually through no fault of our own! This is a total can of worms! I wonder if BASC have any advice, I am not a member but I can enquire from BDS and will do so now! Cheers

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    I am awaiting a reply regarding this from Hants police to see if this is actually true
    It's true because it's the law, not because Hants Police have finally said so. Police FEOs are often wrong, which is no defence if you take their advice.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    but would suggest in all cases to write by Recorded delivery to your Force some 14 days before your certificate runs out, and request a Temporary License under Section 7. This will make somebody in that office to find your -still unopened- file, and move it to the top of the pile.
    A polite request, good manners and communication generally works.
    Worked well for me but by email, reply from head of firearms, section 7 issued with no problem and priority raised.
    New certificate delivered in 2 weeks after a fair appraisal process. Don't forget under section 7 you can not possess expanding ammunition, mine was lodged with my RFD.
    They declined to cover cost of this but was ok as he didn't charge.

    Section 7 permit had no entries under ammunition.
    Last edited by old man; 18-11-2015 at 17:52.

Similar Threads

  1. Licensing delays in Tayside
    By Malxwal in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 26-06-2015, 12:18
  2. Licensing delays in Merseyside....
    By limulus in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 22:45
  3. Derbyshire Firearms Admin Delays
    By unicorn71 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2015, 20:39
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 24-10-2012, 15:33
  5. FAC processing / renewal delays - Sussex
    By Deerfella in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-07-2012, 19:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •