Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeenshire

Aberdeenshire

I've just moved up from the Borders and just curious how long people think it will Be until we get a visit for our change of address. can't remember when I notified but was a few weeks ago now.

Both have FAC and SGC, not in any rush just more curious what they are like to deal with really.

Cheers

Dan

I've found the ladies at Queen St and the local FEO very helpful. Aberdeenshire has a relatively high number of (mainly SGC) certs, so they can get spread pretty thin over holiday time and peak renewal time.
    Jim
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Well they have been in touch and i was terrible late in replying with my new phone number for their records, totally slipped my mind.

Maria seems to be spot on, someone will be in touch to visit but don't expect it any time soon as they are now having to use 'real' policemen for the checks.

So far the service seems spot on!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Newcombe View Post
    Well they have been in touch and i was terrible late in replying with my new phone number for their records, totally slipped my mind.

Maria seems to be spot on, someone will be in touch to visit but don't expect it any time soon as they are now having to use 'real' policemen for the checks.

So far the service seems spot on!

Dan
    Very helpful dept.

I've been waiting a little while for a home visit after moving. They are very busy.

Whereabouts have you moved to?

I'm in Insch.

It took me 9 weeks to get a piece of land cleared for a closed certificate in south Aberdeenshire last year. They are busy and understaffed; I got the feeling that the policemen clearing land, doing home visits, etc., were rushed off their feet.

Just spoken to them and they are apparently snowed under.

I asked my FEO what would happen when/if airgun licensing comes in and he just shook his head. They will not manage on their current staffing levels. That was meant to happen in April, but it seems to have gone quiet on the whole issue.
    Last edited by Feugh; 20-01-2016 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Feugh View Post
    I asked my FEO what would happen when/if airgun licensing comes in and he just shook his head. They will not manage on their current staffing levels. That was meant to happen on April, but it seems to have gone quiet on the whole issue.
    Is in not a case of just when now, rather than if? with regards airgun licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7046 View Post
    Is in not a case of just when now, rather than if? with regards airgun licensing.
    Yes, I reckon it is a case of when. But I also don't think that the legislation was necessarily well thought out, and as a result it may take longer to implement than many people expect. We'll see. As far as my own air rifle goes, if I need to get a license for it then so be it - it's a pain but I have lawful use and no problems with regards to storage.

I don't think that there's any doubt that it's going to be happening sometime soon.

I happen to know that the advertising campaign/government information ads are currently in production.