Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We like this rifle

We like this rifle

Not an assault rifle fan particularly but I do like this. The accuracy at 100 yards seem brilliant for this kind of rifle.

Gun Test: ArmaLite M-15 3-Gun Rifle | The Daily Caller

It's not an assault rifle. Shame it's illegal here like.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    It's not an assault rifle. Shame it's illegal here like.
    How would have preferred it described? It is a shame. Its seems to shoot well.

Assault rifle is a military term for a select fire weapon capable of fully automatic fire. Unfortunately,any people now use it as a derogatory term for rifles like the one you posted, mainly because the word 'assault' makes it all scary and stuff
    I think tactical, black rifle or semi-auto sporting rifle are all better.

Its not really my thing either but I'd like the option to buy one. That and similar rifles would make good foxing rigs. All that rail space sure helps with mounting NV kit, lamps etc without just popping it all on top of the action.

Assault rifle is a military term for a select fire weapon capable of fully automatic fire. Unfortunately,any people now use it as a derogatory term for rifles like the one you posted, mainly because the word 'assault' makes it all scary and stuff
    I think tactical, black rifle or semi-auto sporting rifle are all better .
    Fair enough, although as you seem to accept its the term most would now associate with a weapon of this 'style'.

Its not really my thing either but I'd like the option to buy one. That and similar rifles would make good foxing rigs. All that rail space sure helps with mounting NV kit, lamps etc without just popping it all on top of the action.
    I did think .67 inch at 100 yards was good out of the box. It would be a very good foxing choice I would have thought.

I can have one, actually this type of rifle is popular for goat shooting due to being semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    .The accuracy at 100 yards seem brilliant for this kind of rifle.

Gun Test: ArmaLite M-15 3-Gun Rifle | The Daily Caller
    You don't shoot enough ARs. They are very accurate as a rule.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    You don't shoot enough ARs. They are very accurate as a rule.~Muir
    Well spotted. Never shot one. It does seem very accurate, little recoil and no muzzle flip. What more could you want. Fancy a go now but cannot see the point under our legislation.

Technically, "assault rifles" are made for attacking troops to fire semi-automatic or fully automatic, at relatively close ranges, employing relatively low-velocity cartridges like the 7.62x39.

The AR-15, AR-10, M-16, M-14, FAL, and G3 are battle rifles, capable of accurate, aimed fire upon individual targets out to 600 yards, and beyond - they can engage the enemy from ranges where those with assault rifles cannot even effectively return fire. The modern M-16 / AR-15 is, as Muir says, pretty accurate right out of the box. Many are used in the USA for controlling coyotes, bobcats, smaller feral hogs, and even hunting some smaller deer.

The Armalite AR-10 in 7.62x51 NATO is very accurate. A friend has one with the heavy barrel that shoots cloverleaf groups with 168-gr match ammunition.