Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 acc blackout

30 acc blackout

Anyone used or using one, got a ruger no1 that is getting ready for a new barrel soon, was thinking of 14 inch barrel mainly running subsonic loads

Couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Brilliant for what it was designed for but personally I can't really see the use in the uk sporting arena. My main concern would be getting a bullet fragile enough while remaining subsonic otherwise you've got quite a ricochet risk.

Lehigh 194 gr.

SD Regular
    I know of one running very nicely running on a barrel slightly shorter than that......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I'm shooting one, a Ruger American, 1-7" twist. Superb accuracy with 115-125 grain bullets at 'high' velocities. Excellent with subs as well (Remington factory Sub Sonics). Met a man last weekend who has taken six deer with his so far. He swears by it.~Muir

Was he using super it subsonic?

Been reading people are getting good results with 220 sierras and trail boss for a sub load

Quote Originally Posted by mchughcb View Post
    Was he using super it subsonic?
    Supersonic from an AR platform. The "American Rifleman" magazine once stated that 'varmint' bullets take on an alter ego when used at high velocity from the AAC at relatively short ranges, acting like a controlled expansion round. This fellow favored the Barnes 110 grain bullets for deer, as do many others.

As to subs for deer and other game, the consensus is that it's not optimal: Very few bullets are meant to expand at Sub Sonic velocities and a lot of people are experiencing 'shoot throughs' with them Guys loading soft lead bullets over Lil Gun are having some success. While the fellow i was talking with used H110 in his AAC, I have found that Lil Gun down as low as 8.0 grains works great with bullets from 165 to 220 grains. My 'high velocity" 125 grain Nosler loads use 18 grains and will repeatedly put five shots in a ragged hole at 100 yards (multiple groups at the same sitting) when I do my part. I haven't chronographed them but 'The Book' suggests a speed around 2200 fps. They come well recommended for deer at that speed.~Muir

Both 30 cal designed for 750-1100 fps. 218gr HP and 194 controlled split.