Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new rifle

new rifle

well finally tuesday i went and picked up my new toy...its ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nowt to do with delays.....im just been tad impatient waiting its arrival.....but i was good and didnt bug the guy!!!
    anyway

Russel Gall of RG RIFLES built it and its .25-06 remington
    BAT action left handed
    kreiger no4 profile fluted stainless barrel
    macmillan stock
    jewel trigger
    invisble thread cap
    northstar ase ultra mod
    all bedded etc
    and teflon coated in parts

anyway Russel has been fantastic and i would highly recommend him, what a workshop !!!!!!!! amazing!!!!!on a slightly different note was looking at his own made actions too........SWEET!!!!!!!!!
    i had enquired before ordering this rifle but he wasnt ready for a left handed version when order went in.

anyhoo.......... went for a wander round some new permission my brother has managed to wangle.....did a bit of ferreting for the guy then he phones asking if we can manage the deer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eh ...? hello of course no problem!!!!
    what v-max hadnt told me was there is a crackin "den" or valley that goes right round one side of the permission near as damn it and its just Roe heaven!!!!!!!!
    so of we go and go for a dander round top o this den and straight of ...a mature doe....but shes on heer own....so we skirt wide round her dinnae disturb her....then clock charlie way out so head him off crawl to top of the den and hes wnadering down the bottom and just as we get the rifle up hes...winded us and off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bugger thought i was gonna get to blood my new toy.
    so get to the march / boundry and see 3 does and a nice buck but not on our side by at least 250 yards so thtas a no brainer.
    walkin back to the motor and v-max grabs my shoulder as were bull shitting and virtually throws me to the deck!!!!!!! "theres a charlie over the other side o the den in a open patch in middle of the gorse!!!!!
    crawl up to the edge rifle just free hand but prone and the bugger comes right along the bottom and then sits down and looks at us side on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BOOM ... THUMP.......
    new .25-06 ....BLOODED ...DONE!!!!!
    sorry bout the pics but was just taken with a camera phone

sauer /paul

Looks a cracker! Really like the stock patten.

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Good stuff mate, glad that you like the new rifle but Charlie doesn't!

nice rifle but the bolts on the wrong side

just jelouse realy i wont a 25-06

I was sorely tempted by a 25-06 when looking for my first rifle, but never could have imagined anything that lovely. Really nice rifle Put to good use too!

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

cheers guys so far loving it (as you would imagine!!! )

ive had a 25-06 for last 4 yrs now and highly recommend it!!!!!!!
    i had a synthetic sauer 202 before this rifle and it was good too.....
    but im left hander and always had right handed rifles....then my old bsa .22lr buggered up so i got a new cz452 left hander to try and never looked back.....
    got rid o my rifle and replaced with like left handers never looked back!!

sauer

I am glad you happy with your new toy. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    cheers guys so far loving it (as you would imagine!!! )

ive had a 25-06 for last 4 yrs now and highly recommend it!!!!!!!
    i had a synthetic sauer 202 before this rifle and it was good too.....
    but im left hander and always had right handed rifles....then my old bsa .22lr buggered up so i got a new cz452 left hander to try and never looked back.....
    got rid o my rifle and replaced with like left handers never looked back!!

sauer

Nice darts.

P.S.

Still very pleased with that old Sauer you flogged me

glad you liking it mungler !!!!!!!

if i hadnt gone true left handed i would still have the old sauer!!!!!

what you been up to with it lately ????

sauer / paul