Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PES/MAE T12 moderator

PES/MAE T12 moderator

Hi all
    I'm looking at getting a new moderator ordered for my 270. I've been using a T8 but it's showing some rust and I don't really like the aesthetics or handling of it. Sound reduction is very good, though.
    Anyway I've got a few options in mind, one if which is the MAE (formerly PES) T12. I like that it's a slimmer and longer design more in-keeping with the normal lines of a rifle, and I like that it's stainless and so less likely to suffer the same fate as the T8.
    Cab anybody vouch for the T12 in terms of build quality, sound reduction, etc.
    My other choice is the Wildcat Evolution, which again is slimmer than the T8 and much lighter than T8 or T12 (which are the same weight).
    Any thoughts on either one?
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I've not got or used a Wildcat - but I do have a T12 on my .243 T3.....

It's stainless - as is my rifle - and is very well built, and to my Mk1 ears, does a good job of taming the noise. It is sturdy, and that is reflected in its weight vs some other mods (I have an Atec maxim on my .308, for example) BUT that does give some front end stability when required.

I'd quite happily have another. Fumzup from me.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

My experience with the t12 is very good, noise reduction has to be one of the best also muzzle flip is also tamed because of the length and weight but to some people this is a downside being heavier than most on the market, to stop any noise I just used a laggy band wrapped around at the end this stops all the clanging, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I might be of help here.
    I have an original stainless T12, a T8 and an ATec. Depending on what I'm doing I've used them on all my rifles .22/250, 6.5x55 and 30/06.
    I've had the T12 for 15 years, it's really well built and moderates the sound as well as anything. It's downside is that it really is heavy.
    The T8 is what it is, cheap and cheerful it is light but you've got to be prepared to throw it away when it rusts through the spot welds.
    The best is the ATec, is built the same quality as the T12 but without the weight penalty. It's my go to moderator and is normally to be found on the 30/06
    If I buying now I'd be looking at the new titanium body moderators

You won't find a better build or sound reduction mod on the market, but they are heavy, that said they balance out well on a rifle, I only notice if carrying for a long way. If you run out of bullets you also have a good baton to finish them off with should you need, they are indestructible and as quiet as you can get, have used several alternatives and always come back to the mae.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

That's three and a half votes for the T12 then!
    I might have known I'd end up spending nearly twice as much, I wish I'd kept quiet and bought the Wildcat like I was going to
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

i have two
    excellent sound attenuation
    stainless

Local dealer is on the case of ordering one for me.
    Blog

that's exactly what my mates say, if you can't kill the quarry with a bullet you can always bludgeon it to death with the T12, typically New Zealand durability

Quote Originally Posted by llwynog View Post
    that's exactly what my mates say, if you can't kill the quarry with a bullet you can always bludgeon it to death with the T12, typically New Zealand durability
    That'll be useful. I've typically just buttstroked any fallow when I've run out of ammo and had to charge them down, but it doesn't half make a mess of a nice English Walnut stock.
    Blog