Thread: Surplus Brass

Regular Poster

Surplus Brass

Evening all,

I have a favour to ask. I am currently in the process of amassing a variety of cartridges to give to a friend who is interested in starting a collection. Would anybody be willing to send a few surplus or shot out cartridges to assist in this task?
    Currently I have got:
    Pistol: 9mm luger, .38 Spl, .44 Spl, .44 Magnum
    Rifle: .222 rem, 5.56mm NATO, .223 WSSM, .22-250 Rem, .243 Win, 6.5x55, .270 Win, .300 Whisper, .308 Win, 7.62 Russian, 30-06, .303 British.

If anyone is interested in helping, please comment below and I can get in touch via PM.
    Thanks very much!

Oh, and if it makes a difference, I am quite happy to pay postage on any items sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Evening all,

I have a favour to ask. I am currently in the process of amassing a variety of cartridges to give to a friend who is interested in starting a collection. Would anybody be willing to send a few surplus or shot out cartridges to assist in this task?
    Currently I have got:
    Pistol: 9mm luger, .38 Spl, .44 Spl, .44 Magnum
    Rifle: .222 rem, 5.56mm NATO, .223 WSSM, .22-250 Rem, .243 Win, 6.5x55, .270 Win, .300 Whisper, .308 Win, 7.62 Russian, 30-06, .303 British.

If anyone is interested in helping, please comment below and I can get in touch via PM.
    Thanks very much!

Oh, and if it makes a difference, I am quite happy to pay postage on any items sent.
    Good afternoon, Alastair. Your post title confused me.

I started off this way, but got hooked. Becoming more ambitious (and frustrated) I moved on into ammunition collecting, deactivation, and reassembly.

There are a number of serious collectors in the UK, but surprisingly few know of the others' existence. The police licensing departments do know, but can't reveal PNC data. This is a criminal offence BTW. Didn't know this, so it all made perfect sense once explained. Most FLD's genuinely try to help FAC holders who can show good reason .... believe it or not.

Collecting in the UK is a hard and rocky road due to Section V. There are still a few rounds eluding me featured in Barnes 'Cartridges of the World', but cases in the more common sporting & target calibres aren't a problem.

You (and indeed anyone who might have something to swap or trade) are welcome to PM me. After this I might post a short 'Wanted' list of rarities to test everyone to their absolute limits.
    Last edited by Sinistral; 20-11-2015 at 17:41. Reason: bad grammar
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.