Thread: Scope from Russia. 8x56 illuminated

Scope from Russia. 8x56 illuminated

Hi, all
    while looking on the evil bay I came across a Russian scope. A 8x56 illuminated parallax adjustable with a 1inch tube. So I took a punt and spent 111 of my hard earned cash. It's now arrived. It looks to be very well made, a bit primative but very clear. The illumination is good no spread and the reticule is very fine but easy to see, its just like a military one lots of aim marks. I'm going to put it on my .17hmr or .22lr and see how it goes. More to follow.

I had a russian scope years ago and it was great it sold as part of a rifle bundle I sold, wish I kept it. Also had a few russian baikal shotguns and have to say they are practically bomb proof. If it has multiple aim points it's probably better suited to your .22lr let us know how you get on with it. Russian engineering is top notch in my opinion

Some of their optics came from the old Zeiss Jena factory. In the early 1970s, their military scopes on the SVD were as good as any military scopes in the world... and rugged.

Quote Originally Posted by iain b View Post
    Hi, all
    while looking on the evil bay I came across a Russian scope. A 8x56 illuminated parallax adjustable with a 1inch tube. So I took a punt and spent 111 of my hard earned cash. It's now arrived. It looks to be very well made, a bit primative but very clear. The illumination is good no spread and the reticule is very fine but easy to see, its just like a military one lots of aim marks. I'm going to put it on my .17hmr or .22lr and see how it goes. More to follow.
    Ok, put it on my .22 lr. Good job I had a picattiny rail. Not a lot of room to mount as it's very short. Took it to my local tunnel range for zeroing, 10 shots later bang on at 50 yards. The glass is very, very good. Overall a very good scope for a rimfire. Shame there is no importer in the uk. Had a look at the manufacturers website and was very impressed.