Thread: Pulsar Recon 870 Digital Night Vision Handheld Monocular

Pulsar Recon 870 Digital Night Vision Handheld Monocular

Good evening,

Has anyone tried Pulsar Recon 870 Digital Night Vision Handheld Monocular?

If you have what are your thoughts on it and did it do the job, what would be great to see if anyone had any recordings of it in use, seeing what its like on foxes at a couple of hundred yards for example.

Have a good night

I have one and I am very happy with it. Don't expect miracles but it is possible to reconize a fox at about 100 metres. I mostly use it for boar on a high seat. The screen is very bright in the dark and you should not look through it with your shooting-eye because of blinding.

For the money I think it is a wonderful product.

I have the 870 night vision scope and tninks it is very impressive for the money regularly shoot rabbits out to 100m and could easily see fox at 300m

I had a loan of one the X870 and wasn't that impressed with it, better off trying to get a s/h archer or pvs 14 they are in a different league. If you do decide to go for one try this shop VegaOptics.DE they are in Germany, you can get one from them for 532 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by kjmeijer View Post
    I have one and I am very happy with it. Don't expect miracles but it is possible to reconize a fox at about 100 metres. I mostly use it for boar on a high seat. The screen is very bright in the dark and you should not look through it with your shooting-eye because of blinding.

For the money I think it is a wonderful product.
    just fit a bit of coulored plastic on the eye bell kids 3d glasses are good just cut out and put on the eye bell stops the blinding simples

I used a sheet of yellow on one of my digital NV screens and made a big difference to my eyes , reduced glare and gave better definition for viewing

Paul

No, not at all impressed with my X870 either!

I have a Pulsar X550 for sale because I have just bought Red Dots Swaro nv,and if you use a decent ir then they are capable tools that will help you spot Rabbits and Foxes out to maybe 200yds or so...........pm me if interested

Martin

If you connect either of them to a monitor & use a quality IR Illuminator such as an NM800IR or a T67IR you can see & identify "much" further than you'll shoot