Thread: Unexpected sight this morning

Smile Unexpected sight this morning

7 reds (I don't think they were Sika) - not found on this permission or for miles around!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May 2010 029.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	987

hi

you lucky man...
    dont know if the farmer will see it that way though
    look like nice healty beasts
    lots of grass crops to keep them in that condition..
    like having extra cows/sheep but he will never own them

for my two pence worth i say red red red ha ha

Definatly Red Deer. Fingers crossed they stay on your patch.

ATB

Sikamalc

Found out a bit more about them. There was a business nearby (garden centre or some such) which had these in captivity for the plebs. Some yobs with dogs were after them and they got out when the yobs tried to get them. Net result I might get a bit of venison.
    I will leave the hinds to breed and take one of the knobbers given half a chance.
    Otherwise I might get a dog if the yobs turn up!!!

I first thought that you were going to cull the knobbers?. then I read it again!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Im sure it say vermin on his ticket?

dodgyrog just a thought, if the deer have escaped or been let loose would it be legal to shoot them as technically they might be regarded as belonging to someone and are not wild animals?

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    dodgyrog just a thought, if the deer have escaped or been let loose would it be legal to shoot them as technically they might be regarded as belonging to someone and are not wild animals?
    Good point ..... wheres the rule book....
    are they tagged at all.
    also bear in mind if they where domesticated in any way did they get vet treatment....
    meat might not be fit for human comsumption...
    never as clear cut as you think is it

f.

Nice pic, just pray they come over the hedge to your land!!! If they come over to your land they can be classed as a pest and they can be "Controlled". If on th eother hand you find the owners and you catch the "pikes" chasing the deer with dogs (Without permission) and you have permission to "Look after them" you can allways take the dog out. (That is the law). At the same time you win browney points with the landowner and "Gargen Centre"!! More acreage. Good luck.

I hear this a lot 'shoot the dogs' but why? The toerags just go and get another and then make a point of spending even more time out with lamps etc. Its not the dogs fault and unless there was no alternative I wouldnt shoot the pooch