Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contact lenses and stalking

Contact lenses and stalking

Hi, i would like to know members experiences of wearing contact lenses when stalking, i am now using prescription glasses for distance but cannot get away with them whilst out stalking and am starting to struggle with my eye sight without glasses, and yes this is only going to get worse !!!!!!. so are contacts the answer or is there problems using a scope ???

many thanks Paul.

No problems at all! I've worn contacts for years.....no fogging up, no rain running down the front, no sliding down the bridge of your nose.......get ' em worn and go stalking!!!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by gablegorst View Post
    Hi, i would like to know members experiences of wearing contact lenses when stalking, i am now using prescription glasses for distance but cannot get away with them whilst out stalking and am starting to struggle with my eye sight without glasses, and yes this is only going to get worse !!!!!!. so are contacts the answer or is there problems using a scope ???

many thanks Paul.
    They are the answer - no there is no problem in using anything - but perhaps like me you will end up needing £5.99 reading glasses!

Go for it - in retrospect glasses are a disaster when stalking.

I have a pair of Zeiss shooting glasses that are brilliant for shooting & stalking, plus of course they have the added benefits of the safety features.

guys, you have just made my day !!! THANKYOU

I've worn specs since I was 4 years old. I tried contacts but could not master putting them in and out. Without my vision corrected I see the crosshairs skewed, so I have to live with specs come rain or shine, it's do-able. I can shoot shotgun fine without specs ( I miss just the same amount)...

I've worn contacts for 25 years or so and only wear specs in the evening if I'm tired. I don't even notice that they're there, but they are daily disposables, so one-time-use-only

They took 48 hours to get used to in the first instance, and then it's just a daily routine, like cleaning your teeth.

As per kuwinda, I now need reading specs since my last prescription, but eBay for a couple of quid means that I have at least 10 pairs dotted all over the place, including a permanent pair in my stalking jacket - nothing worse than sitting in a high seat and not being able to do email...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I've worn mine for years, they are weekly disposables that I can sleep in but I always forget to change them so currently in on almost two weeks on the same pair. I'd prefer to shoot in contacts over glasses anyway!!! No steaming or anything, the only negative is that sometimes they feel dry, which only makes you blink more

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I've worn contacts for 25 years or so and only wear specs in the evening if I'm tired. I don't even notice that they're there, but they are daily disposables, so one-time-use-only

They took 48 hours to get used to in the first instance, and then it's just a daily routine, like cleaning your teeth.

As per kuwinda, I now need reading specs since my last prescription, but eBay for a couple of quid means that I have at least 10 pairs dotted all over the place, including a permanent pair in my stalking jacket - nothing worse than sitting in a high seat and not being able to do email...

I have been wearing disposable contacts for around 25 years and agree, they are great once you get used to them. I spend around a tenner a year on reading glasses from poundland and have a spare pair of prescription glasses that I occasionally use instead of lenses, particularly if I am doing some very dusty work.

atb Tim

More of the same: I wore glasses since primary school, but switching to contact lenses in my late teens set me free. (A motorcycle helmet over glasses is a pain.)

I have worn daily disposables for the past ten or fifteen years and they are another revelation. No messing about with solutions; just pop a fresh pair in the morning and take them out in the evening. I try to give my eyes a rest from them, so if I am in for the evening I take them out and wear glasses.

It might be worth booking a free try-out with Specsavers to see how you get on.