Thread: Venison's off, Dear

Venison's off, Dear

Wandering through the back lanes past the Hall last night, heading for a pub meal. Just around the bend there's a red stag - a good 6-pointer - standing in the middle of the road looking surprised.

"Heads up!" I say to the wife (she's busy texting a friend) which she does, just in time to see his back end disappearing into the bushes. I can see a further bunch in the crop on the right who look like they're going to stay where they are, but just then out comes a nice big hind and stands in the lane staring through the windscreen at my wife with those big wet soppy red deer eyes.

I'm muttering "Go away. Go AWAY" because I know exactly what this means.

And sure enough, once at the pub I'm not allowed to order my favourite starter ... venison carpaccio!

Bloddy wives now cooking munty steaks for the family I try to avoid mine seeing live deer

Quote Originally Posted by Old-YOP View Post
    "Heads up!" I say to the wife (she's busy texting a friend) which she does, just in time to see his back end disappearing into the bushes.
    You say that as if we can't multi-task. Just because she appears to be busy texting doesn't mean she's not paying attention to her driving...

Karyn

Quote Originally Posted by KLA22 View Post
    You say that as if we can't multi-task. Just because she appears to be busy texting doesn't mean she's not paying attention to her driving...
    That comment is just a bit too close for comfort :-)

Jerry

My better half says: "Oh, poor little things...[pause] ...but they taste sooooo good!"

A soft heart is one thing, but an appreciative palate usually get the better of it.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    My better half says: "Oh, poor little things...[pause] ...but they taste sooooo good!"

A soft heart is one thing, but an appreciative palate usually get the better of it.
    Mrs Stratts is the same!

She popped her head in the larder with the kids to look at the Roe I shot yesterday as they'd never seen one close up either and said "Ah, aint they pretty, how are you going to cook it", lol!! The kids said "when are we gonna turn it into burgers dad"!! They're being brought up right!!

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    They're being brought up right!
    Indeed they are!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay