Thread: Deer can be like buses...

Deer can be like buses...

I've had a long lean streak - which I don't mind, it's all in the game - but it must have been getting on for 30 hours stalking. Then this morning I took 4 in an hour. Funny how it goes like that sometimes.

Oh b'''g;;;r that"ll be 2 left in Shropshire now then,I did almost see one on my little bit,last year,but it may have been a big hare !

in know how you feel pothunter i did about 6 outings with feck all on munties i was seeing somthing every time but it was either to dark not safe or had a follower but i broke my duck last weekend with two does shot one gralloched her made my way back with her on my shoulder only to spot a second on the ride which was also taken

I thought you meant they were often damp, sometimes smelly, and might be found to have lice when inspected!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I'm getting used to turning up at the permission and having to wait while all the deer clear off the road so I can get into the field - completely untroubled. They then sod off...

I'm not sure if a 20 year old landcruiser is an appropriate calibre.

I know what you mean guys!
    I can go out on one of my permissions to shoot a few corvids with the shotgun and can almost guarantee that I will see at least three or four roe deer just standing there offering a perfectly easy broadside shot. But if I go to exactly the same permission with the 270 the only thing that I normally see is a few white rumps bouncing off some 300 yards or so away.
    It's as if the damned things know they're safe when I've only got a shotgun. Smart arsed little buggers!

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    I know what you mean guys!
    I can go out on one of my permissions to shoot a few corvids with the shotgun and can almost guarantee that I will see at least three or four roe deer just standing there offering a perfectly easy broadside shot. But if I go to exactly the same permission with the 270 the only thing that I normally see is a few white rumps bouncing off some 300 yards or so away.
    It's as if the damned things know they're safe when I've only got a shotgun. Smart arsed little buggers!
    well u no the answer to that walk up there with your shotgun but have the 270 in your back pocket SURPRISE!!!!!!

Folding .270 anyone?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Oh b'''g;;;r that"ll be 2 left in Shropshire now then,I did almost see one on my little bit,last year,but it may have been a big hare !
    Not a chance the coursers have been very busy round here this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Not a chance the coursers have been very busy round here this year.
    They seem to be busy everywhere, in England anyway.