Deer can be like buses...

Pothunter

I've had a long lean streak - which I don't mind, it's all in the game - but it must have been getting on for 30 hours stalking. Then this morning I took 4 in an hour. Funny how it goes like that sometimes.

Oh b'''g;;;r that"ll be 2 left in Shropshire now then,I did almost see one on my little bit,last year,but it may have been a big hare !

in know how you feel pothunter i did about 6 outings with feck all on munties i was seeing somthing every time but it was either to dark not safe or had a follower but i broke my duck last weekend with two does shot one gralloched her made my way back with her on my shoulder only to spot a second on the ride which was also taken

I'm getting used to turning up at the permission and having to wait while all the deer clear off the road so I can get into the field - completely untroubled. They then sod off...

I'm not sure if a 20 year old landcruiser is an appropriate calibre.

I know what you mean guys!
I can go out on one of my permissions to shoot a few corvids with the shotgun and can almost guarantee that I will see at least three or four roe deer just standing there offering a perfectly easy broadside shot. But if I go to exactly the same permission with the 270 the only thing that I normally see is a few white rumps bouncing off some 300 yards or so away.
It's as if the damned things know they're safe when I've only got a shotgun. Smart arsed little buggers!:rofl:

I know what you mean guys!
I can go out on one of my permissions to shoot a few corvids with the shotgun and can almost guarantee that I will see at least three or four roe deer just standing there offering a perfectly easy broadside shot. But if I go to exactly the same permission with the 270 the only thing that I normally see is a few white rumps bouncing off some 300 yards or so away.
It's as if the damned things know they're safe when I've only got a shotgun. Smart arsed little buggers!:rofl:
well u no the answer to that walk up there with your shotgun but have the 270 in your back pocket SURPRISE!!!!!! :thumb:

Back