Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Swarovski binocular

Which Swarovski binocular

I am in the market for new binocular and initially thought I would go for the Swarovski EL 8 x 42 WB as this matches, in terms of mag and objective lens of my present bins. However, whilst I am not normally indecisive, I find myself in the position where I am not so sure, having seen both the EL 10 x 42 WB and EL 10 x 50 WB at good prices.

I realise that I can go into the shop and look through them but this is not the same as having them for a week or two and using them in both the wood and on the hill. It is only then that second thoughts may creep in by which time it is too late!

Do any members have real, practical experience of these 3 optics? I know it would be rare to find someone with all 3, but individual comment would be greatly appreciated.

10*42 would be my choice preferring the 10* over the 8*.

Quote Originally Posted by .25-06 View Post
    10*42 would be my choice preferring the 10* over the 8*.
    Have you used the 10x? How are they for hand shake?

I have the EL 10 x 42 and have been very impressed. I use my sticks to steady my hand and eliminate shake

I prefer the 8x42 as most of my stalking is done on the low ground or in the forest, if I was stalking on the hill I'd have the 10x42

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

the binoculars shake the same whether 10 or 8 for a steady rest ... as above use a stick, elbow or tree. If the binos are shaking so will the rifle so no shot anyway

The shake is less of a problem than incorrectly/unable to identify what your looking at.

If the majority of your use was below 100m then 8* may be of more use

Confused by your post.

the binoculars shake the same whether 10 or 8
    Wouldn't you agree that the greater the magnification, the more noticeable the shake? I get noticeable shake at 10x, particularly single handed, but find it acceptable with 8x.

If the binos are shaking so will the rifle so no shot anyway
    I'm perplexed as to why you think that the rifle will shake, just because the binos do

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    I prefer the 8x42 as most of my stalking is done on the low ground or in the forest, if I was stalking on the hill I'd have the 10x42
    Exactly, I use 8x32 Swaros and may trade my 8x42 Minox sometime for 10x42 for more open work.

I had the EL 10x42's for two years and they did a fantastic job. I recently upgraded to the rangefinder 8x42's and I prefer the 8x's to the 10x's.

ATB 243 Stalker.

I used to use 10x42 slc but got a good deal on 8x32el and would never go back a 42 objective. Don't feel I'm missing out on either magnification or low light visibility,even if I was,it's more than made up by weight saving and portability.Don't discount them before taking a look through them.