some fallow doe shooting

Looks like you had a great day there. Good video which was a pleasure to watch, very well presented and a really great shot on the doe.
If I'm right that looked remarkably like a perfect rear head shot and looked like it might have out the atlas joint, if so she would have been dead before she even hit the ground - Remarkably good shooting!

Some nice scenery and woodlands there. Good effort on the video, but you firstly mention safe shots and no back stop, yet the deer you actually shoot (in the head and from a lying position) shows no safe back stop to me? Maybe it must have been the camera angle?

the deer was shot from a standing position from sticks as shown in the video. not sure what makes u think it was shot from the ground.

the deer was shot from a standing position from sticks as shown in the video. not sure what makes u think it was shot from the ground.

Ok. I've watched it again. I got mistaken by the rifle with the bipods out that's on the ground. Which doesn't actually fire.? So my first thought was it was that rifle that fired.

If you watch on about another 10 seconds after the shot, you will see that the shot was taken from a standing position further to the left.
So a completely different shooting angle to that of the camera.

Yes. I've seen it again. I apologise. I got mislead by the rifle in the ground in the video frame.

Good video, i think we can all relate to stalking in those conditions.

How much does that .308 outfit weigh?
I would hate to carry that around the hills of Devon!

Cheers

Richard

Back