Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Paranoia

Security Paranoia

Advice chaps - went out clay shooting this morning and realised 10 miles up the road that I couldnt find my cabinet keys on me. Stopped the car, no keys - so back home before anyone else was up and found them in the lock on the cabinet. Fortunately no harm done. Later told the family why I was late returning and was ridiculed for not just texting and getting one of the family to keep the keys. Dont you trust us ?
    For me this is not the point - I am responsible and therefore I'd rather have cancelled the day than leave the keys - am I nutty or is this 'the right thing to do'.
    Your views would be appreciated but I cant see myself changing.
    Cheers

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    No question - it's the right thing to do.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    No question - it's the right thing to do.
    +1 on this , I would do the same

+1 your guns, your ticket, your responsibility

Of course everyone is going to agree that you did the right thing, doing otherwise would be inciting people to break the law, no one would be stupid enough to do that on an open forum would they??

Ian.

Kes,

Certainly the right decision, if something had gone wrong you could have been facing potential loss of FAC & SC. For me that would be game over as most of my life has been fieldsports.
    You will sleep better tonight for doing the right thing.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Of course everyone is going to agree that you did the right thing, doing otherwise would be inciting people to break the law, no one would be stupid enough to do that on an open forum would they??

Ian.
    Whitebeard I note a certain cynicism in your posts generally - I actually think people are honest and not given to placate a force that doesnt know who they are.
    Thanks howerver for your comment.

I changed my safes to combination locks..... If there are no keys, they can't be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Whitebeard I note a certain cynicism in your posts generally - I actually think people are honest and not given to placate a force that doesnt know who they are.
    Thanks howerver for your comment.
    I think you'd be surprised of the number of FEOS on here and other site including Facebook who know exactly who we are. I know of one other person on Facebook under a false/joke name who was called out by their FEO.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Seriously---you are admitting on an open forum that you were in breach of your firearms conditions AND you are asking others if they would have done something different, which given the other options were to phone home and get the missus to hold them OR do nothing, both of which would then put you them in breach of their conditions.
    My suggestion is that you get this thread removed immediately.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama