Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Foxpro Spitfire. Fubared.

  1. #1

    Foxpro Spitfire. Fubared.

    My FoxPro has died. Bit of an unfortunate time everything seems to be going wrong at the moment. lol.
    I don't want a new FoxPro because I can't read the remotes without my glasses, the writing is so small.
    So any recommendations on a new affordable remote caller? Are Icotech any good? Does anybody repair foxpros?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  2. #2
    Gloop ??

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Gloop ??
    Shhh.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  4. #4
    Seen the post I put in the foxpro led thread ?

  5. #5
    Just clocked it, that is a very generous offer. I don't know how I missed it as I have read the thread twice now. Well, to be fair I was licking my wounds after getting my head chewed off.
    Actually I was looking at the plaything and it was only on the second look I realised that it was on a trailer. Nice job. Going off topic a bit. I have worked with clever engineers over the years and a few stupid ones as well. (lets not talk about intersecting holes on a 1400 block of stainless steel that shouldn't have intersected. oops) and I was always fascinated, and still am, at how someone decides to make something like a cardboard box folding machine or a nuclear power station and they just sit down and design it. I know it is a lot easier these days with CAD etc but well above my intelligence levels. I am far to much a bodge artist so I just sketch something to get a rough idea and then make the measurements up as I go along. I can get away with that for DIY as I'm only likely to kill myself. Project woodshed is on the cards for next year when the wood gets used up so I have space to build it.
    I will probably go with the Icotech 350 if you don't mind, unless someone advises me against it. The money is reasonable and as it is programmable it should be able to do everything I need to do. I like the buttons as I can go from vixen on heat to squeak instantly without having to search the repertoire of sounds on the remote whilst the fox wanders off. Which happened last night, got it to work, it went SQUALK for 5 seconds then died. I swear I say the fox roll its eyes as it wandered away.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

  6. #6
    To be honest I have a fox pro and I have more success with the back of my hand or just using my lips than I have with any caller. My advice use what you have and save your money

  7. #7
    I have the IcoTec GC 500 , it's OK, but you will still need your glasses to read the remote.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  8. #8
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,826
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    My FoxPro has died. Bit of an unfortunate time everything seems to be going wrong at the moment. lol.
    I don't want a new FoxPro because I can't read the remotes without my glasses, the writing is so small.
    So any recommendations on a new affordable remote caller? Are Icotech any good? Does anybody repair foxpros?
    drop it in ill have a look. cant promise I will fix it but ill have a good go at it.

    either here at the castle or at home.

    drop me a pm SS

    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  9. #9
    Finnbear 270 is right - the display on the Icotech is tiny - even someone with good eyesight would need glasses to read it.

    Cheers

    Bruce

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Just clocked it, that is a very generous offer. I don't know how I missed it as I have read the thread twice now. Well, to be fair I was licking my wounds after getting my head chewed off.
    Actually I was looking at the plaything and it was only on the second look I realised that it was on a trailer. Nice job. Going off topic a bit. I have worked with clever engineers over the years and a few stupid ones as well. (lets not talk about intersecting holes on a 1400 block of stainless steel that shouldn't have intersected. oops) and I was always fascinated, and still am, at how someone decides to make something like a cardboard box folding machine or a nuclear power station and they just sit down and design it. I know it is a lot easier these days with CAD etc but well above my intelligence levels. I am far to much a bodge artist so I just sketch something to get a rough idea and then make the measurements up as I go along. I can get away with that for DIY as I'm only likely to kill myself. Project woodshed is on the cards for next year when the wood gets used up so I have space to build it.
    I will probably go with the Icotech 350 if you don't mind, unless someone advises me against it. The money is reasonable and as it is programmable it should be able to do everything I need to do. I like the buttons as I can go from vixen on heat to squeak instantly without having to search the repertoire of sounds on the remote whilst the fox wanders off. Which happened last night, got it to work, it went SQUALK for 5 seconds then died. I swear I say the fox roll its eyes as it wandered away.
    Ha ha, yep, that was odd. He was just looking for praise and when it didn't come he threw a wobbler. I was waiting for him to start then was going to lay into him. Blokes a plonker. Don't like his language on a forum either.
    If a new one gets put on hold you can either have this one or just borrow it, I'm not impressed with the u caller but I suppose it's better than nowt.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Foxpro Spitfire
    By kevhumps in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-10-2014, 05:50
  2. FoxPro Spitfire
    By BushWear in forum Other Shooting & Keepering
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 10:23
  3. foxpro spitfire
    By adrian0100 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 20:48
  4. *SOLD* Foxpro Spitfire
    By easypeasy in forum Other Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-06-2013, 17:37
  5. Foxpro Spitfire
    By PeteL in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 11:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •