Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Dogs - Whiteparish Wilts

Missing Dogs - Whiteparish Wilts

All

A Mates dogs have just gone missing, we've been out and lamped the surrounding area with no luck... I think we know the outcome but tried looking on the off chance...

Both are bitches and arn't spayed.

Police notified and facebook post gone out, but keep your eyes out. Also if you own dogs in the area check on security etc.

WH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Good luck with your search. I used to live in Hampshire and I'm sure that if allowed we would both be searching in the same places. If people only bought dogs from brick houses then the theft of bitches might stop!

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Good luck with your search. I used to live in Hampshire and I'm sure that if allowed we would both be searching in the same places. If people only bought dogs from brick houses then the theft of bitches might stop!
    Too true baguio... I saw my mate this morning walking the fields on my way to work, he loves his dogs and I really feel for him! I bet he was up looking all night just on the off chance........
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

I feel for your friend, the day someone invents a tracker that gets implanted under the dogs skin the better
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    I feel for your friend, the day someone invents a tracker that gets implanted under the dogs skin the better
    Regards
    Jimmy
    I asked my vet the same question when I last visited. They seem to think it's being looked into. I no ill be doing it. There must be a boffin on here or out there that can make one.
    Who ever does will become if not already a very wealthy person in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    I asked my vet the same question when I last visited. They seem to think it's being looked into. I no ill be doing it. There must be a boffin on here or out there that can make one.
    Who ever does will become if not already a very wealthy person in no time.
    Battery life & device size are the two constraints. Ever improving, but it'll be some time yet. It could be done if there's a local device nearby, eg a phone to re-transmit the signal. But the phone owner needs to be compliant. Maybe they could be built into cars...... and caravans...

I fear that any device would be overcome. These people are low life's and would just simply feel the scruff find it and cut out a tracker / microchip.

I just got a text from the local farm watch police group and see someone else only a few miles away had there 14 month Lab stolen...

utter utter **** bags out there....
    –Fred Bear -

If you know who the scum bags are or think there are get down there and watch them from a distance. If they have got them then I would be gathering a few people and going to get them back no matter what there back ground.

matt

Quote Originally Posted by .243 t3 View Post
    If you know who the scum bags are or think there are get down there and watch them from a distance. If they have got them then I would be gathering a few people and going to get them back no matter what there back ground.

matt
    I have to say that I agree with you and I would almost certainly feel like taking the same sort of "hands on" action Matt, and most of us would feel that it was quite justified. However maybe not the wisest of things to do as it could end up costing you your FAC.
    Mind you, having said that a bloody good hiding is about the only thing that these low lifes might just understand and is nothing less that they deserve as the police seem to be pretty powerless where "caravan dwellers" are concerned!