Dogs pads.

Mauser243

After some advice, one of my dogs has skint one of her pads, (worn) just wondering if anyone has any tips on healing. She is not too bad when on soft ground, but limping when on hard ground or going round the run in her kennel.

M

hippi scrub is pretty good stuff. just dip foot in it twice a day, allways worked for my springers

Pads heal very quickly but I would toughen them up a bit by soaking in surgical spirit,I have done this a few times with my Whippet that has split an outside toe right back through the web,and Swindon Track vet gave me the heads up.

Martin

Just a short update on how I got on with my cockers pad. Struggled to be honest with the hibbi scrub, seemed to be keeping the pad soft, and hence not repairing it. Did do a bit of good though just not enough. Ended up using lavender oil and it healed up pretty rapid after that. (Another tip for someone to try if they experience the same). Dog didn't like it getting put on though one whiff and she was in the furthest corner of the kennel trying to hide.

M

Back