Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockable ammo box

Lockable ammo box

I need a new ammo box, small lockable, enough to take a couple of packs on a driven hunt? Any pointers in the right direction?

Just buy a petty cash box

We used a Peli case last trip, takes 100 rounds, I also have another Peli suitable for a group of four, you can pick em up fairly cheaply on e bay.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I use a red, metal, petty cash box lined with a thin layer of polystyrene not much thicker than cardboard.
    It takes two cartons of 30-06 in their plastic holders and two either side of the box in line with the shape of the lid.
    So 44 rounds and I have never needed more than that.
    I bought mine in Smiths but any good stationary shop should have them, cost about 8.00 ten years or more ago, so will probably cost 20 now !!!!
    Good luck in January ;-)

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Just buy a petty cash box
    +1 - I use one of these to take two boxes of Federal 180gr. They fit perfectly.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Blog Entries
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

I'd buy a small peli box as they'll last a lifetime you can put foam in to pack out the boxes or make lots of holes to hold individual rounds , they are airline approved and watertight

and when you don't use it anymore you'll probably get your money back if you bought it secondhand

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    I'd buy a small peli box as they'll last a lifetime you can put foam in to pack out the boxes or make lots of holes to hold individual rounds , they are airline approved and watertight

and when you don't use it anymore you'll probably get your money back if you bought it secondhand

Exactamundo!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    Hi. Best waterproof and solid answer is to get a small military ammunition box and them have it drilled to allow a staple and hasp with a padlock to lock the lid down. Failing that as ohers say a cash box.

Yep that's ones, and at that price two or three trips and you've had your money's worth and still got a cash box.
    Same as Dom but I put the extra couple on top to fit in line with the moulding of the lid.