Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ase Utra Zjet 2

Ase Utra Zjet 2

Hi Guys,

I saw one of these in the gun shop today and compared to the T8 Wildcat it is tiny.

Does anyone have any experience with them??

I've heard a few different moderators lately and the noisiest I've heard is the ASE JetZ it looks good but the noise compared to the T8,Pes, predator and variouse others is loud.
    I have mentioned it to people at the time and one said it has been measured with a decibel machine against a T8 and is quieter.
    When I pointed out that it sounded louder he said it was to do with the moderation of the resonence it might sound louder but that is because it had a different sound!!
    A recent friend of mine has one and his can be heard from the other side of the wood. He said that it has been tested and is quieter than the T8 but with the Mk1 ear it isn't.
    Obviously a .308 will sound louder than a .243 but the mods I've heard and compared have been with the same calibres.

I have Jet Z compact on a .243, a mate has one on a .270,IMO they work well.

I've got one on my SAKO 85 Finnlight in .308 and the Jury's out, I think it is louder than the T8 and I think there's more recoil as well. A friend has a vertually idential set up to mine except he his is a SAKO 75 finnlight with a T8 and I think it's quieter and there's less recoil from his rifle. I've also got a PEST12 but with a different thread on it and would love to try it out on my rifle to see if it's different to the Jet Z.

I've wondered if the large expansion chamber at the back of the T8 and PES has an effect. Will be intersting to follow this thread.

Jase.

Jason, I'm going off half cocked here as I haven't checked the exact figures but I suspect that your friends reduced recoil will be due more to the starting weight of the respective rifles than the performance of the moderators. I think that the new standard 85 is about the same weight of the 75 Finnlight and the 85 Finnlight is lighter again.

Best wishes,

Tim

Jason, did you actually mean recoil or did you mean muzzle flip?

Hi EMcC, I ment recoil. 'm not sure but could it be due to the new 85 haveing a straight stock?

Jase

Hi All,
    I was wondering why the members on the site are going for the Ase jet Z series rather than the S series? by the same manufacturer.
    Ase Utra S series are manufactured out of 300 series stainless steel which wont rust but I bet it will ting a bit.
    So is there anybody who can convert me from the T8 to the Ase Utra S series.or even the strippable wildcat?.

Thanks

Smithy

Ase moderator on Sako 75 vs 85

[Jason, I'm going off half cocked here as I haven't checked the exact figures but I suspect that your friends reduced recoil will be due more to the starting weight of the respective rifles than the performance of the moderators. I think that the new standard 85 is about the same weight of the 75 Finnlight and the 85 Finnlight is lighter again.
    quote]

Tim you are right there is a difference in the Sako 75 vs 85 in regard to weight, I have used a 75 ss and an 85ss in 30-06, and there is both a 0.3kg weight difference and a consequential significant difference in felt recoil. The 75 being more "comfortable".

However, this weight difference will not account for a difference in muzzle signature, so I cannot comment on the difference in moderator types.

regards

Highlander[/quote]

ase utra jet z

my shooting friend has had one of these for a few years now and has no problem with it at all. very good . i have just got one on my t3 varmint. he used to have a t8 but it corroed out through and marked the barrel with hot gases. might of been a one off but it put me off them. personal choice i guess. jonathon