Thread: 24|7 Home Rescue

24|7 Home Rescue

I had a cold call from these people yesterday, offering boiler and heating system insurance. Has any member dealt with them?

COLD call about HEATING insurance??

But seriously, anyone who cold calls me is not getting my business. It just encourages nuisance callers. Give 'em nothing. I expect you will find that type of cover in any number of places cheaper anyway, that's why they have to cold call you, so you say yes before you check the opposition and buy something off them you never knew you needed until they called!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    COLD call about HEATING insurance??

I expect you will find that type of cover in any number of places cheaper anyway, that's why they have to cold call you, so you say yes before you check the opposition and buy something off them you never knew you needed until they called!
    So you have no experience of them.
    I've already got service agreements for all my properties with British Gas, and these are cheaper.
    I'll wait until the quote comes and then invite BG to match, or better, it.
    If the properties were closer, I wouldn't bother, but most of them are 200 miles away.

I had a contract with BG absolutely brilliant service, why would you change, cheaper usually means, less service.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    So you have no experience of them.
    I've already got service agreements for all my properties with British Gas, and these are cheaper.
    I'll wait until the quote comes and then invite BG to match, or better, it.
    If the properties were closer, I wouldn't bother, but most of them are 200 miles away.
    No, I don't. Just a comment on cold callers in general. If they have a worthwhile product that is competitive, why do they need to do that? They'll always catch some old folk and persuade them to take out a policy, even if they already have one. I've seen that from cold callers and that obviously colours my views.

Mine is with BG too. I expect that you've thought of it albeit you don't say, but don't just compare on price but their ability to do something if needed. My findings in recent years are that British Gas are pretty expensive at things such as selling you boilers and installing them, but for these type of policies they are in the right ball park and when their services are needed, they're good.