Fee of £20 for a one for one

Markfox

I've sent my licence off to west mids for a one for one and they have sent everything back saying that I have to pay £20 fee as its over two weeks since I've sold the last items in the slot

if I had of sent my licence off within two weeks of sale it would have been free

This can't be right can it ?

In Scotland, you need to send It In within a week, after that you will be charged £20. So yes I would think this Is right on there behalf.

In Scotland, you need to send It In within a week, after that you will be charged £20. So yes I would think this Is right on there behalf.
Same here in South Yorkshire,within seven days FREE, after that £20 it used to be £26, so I'd say if you get 14 days you are luckier than most.

Thats right, usually free within a week, I normally send it in when I inform them of a change. If you read through the guidelines it is mentioned

With all the one for ones I've done in the past maybe I sent them in straight away as this is the first time I've had to pay but looking in the web it's in black and white so I'll just repost it off with a cheque

Quoted from the "guidance"

20.5. Where a certificate holder who has disposed of a firearm makes application for a variationupon disposing of the firearm this will not normally attract a fee. This is usually withinthe seven days allowed for advice of the disposal, although this time may vary betweenpolice forces and depend on circumstance. Timings should be checked with the relevantlicensing department.

if you advise of a disposal and don't notify of need to keep the slot under the 1-4-1 at the time then it is.....disposed of

if you didn't notify them of the disposal within 2 weeks surely the bigger issue is ......that you failed to follow the HO guidance on notification

did you notify of disposal and then tell them you wanted a 141 later?

if you advise of a disposal and don't notify of need to keep the slot under the 1-4-1 at the time then it is.....disposed of

if you didn't notify them of the disposal within 2 weeks surely the bigger issue is ......that you failed to follow the HO guidance on notification

did you notify of disposal and then tell them you wanted a 141 later?

they were notified by email on the day of sale , all that side of it is fine

I then waited to decide what I wanted to get next

Has anyone heard when the new banded system will come into force the BASC mag quotes next spring after rfds have had some initial training.So for instance if you have a .243, you will be able to go into a gunshop, Pay £15 exchange to the rfd and say swap for a .270 or other rifle within that band. The rfd to do the paper work.
I've sent my licence off to west mids for a one for one and they have sent everything back saying that I have to pay £20 fee as its over two weeks since I've sold the last items in the slot

if I had of sent my licence off within two weeks of sale it would have been free

This can't be right can it ?

Has anyone heard when the new banded system will come into force the BASC mag quotes next spring after rfds have had some initial training.So for instance if you have a .243, you will be able to go into a gunshop, Pay £15 exchange to the rfd and say swap for a .270 or other rifle within that band. The rfd to do the paper work.
a bit like NI then. sounds complicated though...

Back