Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: led lamping kit

led lamping kit

looking for a led lamping torch for foxing. im looking at the nm x searcher lc with the dimmer built in. before I commit is there anything else I should be looking at? ideally I would like something that I can alter the size of the beam on as when I had my normal nm800 I found the beam to be a bit tight at times. I also have a light force blitz but its a pain having the leads and battery when getting in and out of the truck and trying to lamp from the window. so any suggestions would be appreciate before I spend my hard earned!

thanks in advance

Tom

Tom.

try Clulite new LED got 2 of them you wont disappointed . very good value.

regards Jason .

A T67 from either Torch Factory or Drewslab would be my choice. Both have superb customer service and the T67 has a wide range of adjustment from flood to tight beam and it's all in less than half the price from the rip off merchants at TacLight. I've got both the T67 and the NM800 and the T67 is a better beam but a much bigger torch, if we paid The same price as other countries then I'd buy another NM but seeing as we get shafted by about another 100% I'd always go for one of the T variants.

edit: If you create an account with torch factory and use the code NVUK you get 10% off the total too
    Last edited by nun_hunter; 26-11-2015 at 10:26. Reason: Discount code

google ir lightbuilds. I have a T74 modified by him which has a red LED in it, we use it for awkward foxes and a quick scout. It's a serious bit of kit and all my lamping mates are blown away by it. You have to factor in the purchase of batteries and chargers on top of the price.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    A T67 from either Torch Factory or Drewslab would be my choice. Both have superb customer service and the T67 has a wide range of adjustment from flood to tight beam and it's all in less than half the price from the rip off merchants at TacLight. I've got both the T67 and the NM800 and the T67 is a better beam but a much bigger torch, if we paid The same price as other countries then I'd buy another NM but seeing as we get shafted by about another 100% I'd always go for one of the T variants.

edit: If you create an account with torch factory and use the code NVUK you get 10% off the total too
    I'm pretty sure that code is 5%. But a T50 or 67 is a good foil for the X-Searcher. I have a T50 with a new Red Pill in spare if you want something cheaper - £30 posted. The beam is easier to change, but has a little more spill.

The X-Searcher beam will be tighter than the NM800 BTW......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Will have a look at the t67! Thanks Also for the discount code!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I'm pretty sure that code is 5%. But a T50 or 67 is a good foil for the X-Searcher. I have a T50 with a new Red Pill in spare if you want something cheaper - £30 posted. The beam is easier to change, but has a little more spill.

The X-Searcher beam will be tighter than the NM800 BTW......
    Ah ok it may have changed as it was 10% last week but I imagine they alter it depending what other offers re on.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Sika stagg/Ian/ir light builds is the best place to go,

Stunning lamps and built to last, the t67 is a cracking torch I have 2 here 1 set up as a any colour spotter and the other is a IR torch for my drone,

I,also have one of Ian's t74 in white and it's just silly how far this throws a beam of light,

Just a point to note: some of the cheaper lamps have head drop, so what that means is the head can move from top to bottom, not a major concern when lapping but if you are looking at scope/nv mounting the unit this is or can cause problems,

Regards

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

It think your better of using a lamp and a torch. Use the lamp to scan the ground and the torch on the rifle for shooting.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    It think your better of using a lamp and a torch. Use the lamp to scan the ground and the torch on the rifle for shooting.
    Cracking suggestion

One of our keepers uses a lightforce 170 with a dimmer for scanning, and a t50 red led on the rifle,

Sad to say but the day of the big lamps seems to be numbered, I had all my spare lightforce lamps up or sale a while ago, and had no takers.

Bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube