Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range

Range

hi all as you may now be aware with my posts im new to this so i post questions for advice please dont think im thik but advice from you guys is more than likely better than i get from my local sources i recently bought an A bolt 22-250 browning and 8x56 S/B and T8 modorator and was wondering if there are any guys local to me that would be prepared for me to go out with them for some experience also i need a range to do some zeroing or not again open to offers i live in sible hedingham in essex so although it would be nice to get an invite from some of you scottish boys i would struggle to get there and back in an evening lol thats it thanks for reading by the way i have 2 night scopes for sale and 1 viper rifle scope sorry if this is not strictly legal but someone may like a well looked after n/s
    thanks again gary
    opppppsss
    Last edited by rabbit-shooter; 09-05-2010 at 20:25. Reason: taken off signature

Get in touch with British Deer Society East Anglia Branch. A range day is held on the first Saturday each month.
    Cost 20 and lots of good company and advice on an excellent range near Thetford.....MBP

Fingringhoe ranges near Colchester. They are used most weekends by clubs.
    http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...ghoeRanges.htm

Also look up clubs using the ranges at Barton Road on the Essex/Cambridgeshire border
    http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...BartonRoad.htm

There's the Herts & Essex Rifle Club but they tend to be a bit shy of strangers. I'd try the Bassingbourn Rifle and Pistol Club http://www.brpc.org.uk/ranges.html

For Kevin F....................My signature ??????????????????????????? MBP

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    Tongue in cheek it may be, but I think you might find your signature goes down rather badly with those of us, the overwhelming majority, with respect for others' property.
    My view to.
    It also begs the question how someone can obtain a FAC with permission to own and use a .22/250 yet have no land of their own on which to use it.

My view to.
    It also begs the question how someone can obtain a FAC with permission to own and use a .22/250 yet have no land of their own on which to use it.
    , regardless of the original post, anyone who has satisfied the local plod that they are not homicidal, or manic depressive, can be granted an fac with or without land to shoot over............ just another strange anomaly of our odd licencing system.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Essex are pretty good to deal with. I once had an 'open' cert for a rifle there without land. Granted i was also a member of a target shooting club but i did have deer on my ticket.

Once i had land to shoot on, i then got another 2 rifles released.

Gary -

This will appear out of context now because I posted earlier and in error, plagued by finger trouble, and have now deleted that post, but you may want to consider how your signature appears to others on this forum. It might be tongue in cheek, but the implication that you endorse stealing things might not sit well with the people you are asking for help.
    KevinF -

I would also endorse this last post.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

ok sorry about signature will not use this again
    as for the people moaning about me having an fac with no land let me put the record straight
    i have 8000 acres to shoot over
    i own 2 in number 22 cz varmint and cz american
    also 1 cz 17 hmr sillouette with a synthetic stock
    1 in number 12 bore a lamber sporting deluxe
    does this quantify my sittuation
    to all the other GENTLEMEN out there that have answered my question
    thankyou for all you help and i will accept apologies or shall i mjust go forth and multiply
    thanks again gary
    Last edited by rabbit-shooter; 09-05-2010 at 20:07. Reason: missunderstanding