Thread: OLD BSA Monarch still go it.

OLD BSA Monarch still go it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	098.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	63782This is the 3rd season of using my BSA Monarch 30/06 and it did the job. I got a nice mid size doe and put some good meat in the freezer. This is the gun I paid $225.00 USA, rifle is real accurate but the trigger could be better. Hey it's better than any new cheap gun and still cheaper and better made. My doe was taken at 106 yards (average) shot. I switched and I am using 165 grain Federal ammo, and I still like Federal 180gr better rifle groups tighter. Regards, Shark1

I found out or realized I could edit the post but not the title sorry for the typo.

Quote Originally Posted by shark1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	098.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	63782This is the 3rd season of using my BSA Monarch 30/06 and it did the job. I got a nice mid size doe and put some good meat in the freezer. This is the gun I paid $225.00 USA, rifle is real accurate but the trigger could be better. Hey it's better than any new cheap gun and still cheaper and better made. My doe was taken at 106 yards (average) shot. I switched and I am using 165 grain Federal ammo, and I still like Federal 180gr better rifle groups tighter. Regards, Shark1

have you tried adjusting it?
    I have a Majestic in .270

Try looking here?
    https://books.google.co.uk/books?isbn=0873496604

Hope it works?

If I remember right my old BSA had a weight adjusting screw through the top of the trigger blade. Nice rifle by the way and it looks to be in very good condition as well. Not quite the same model as the one in 222 that I tried out last weekend. That one had a very crisp trigger indeed but I have no idea of the pull weight. It was not heavy just very crisp.

I did adjust it, and it is just OK. The old Viscount I have has a great trigger which I would put up against any Sako or Steyr Mannlicher. You can tell the quality of the Monarch's was starting to slip. The best trigger I have had was on the old Kleinguenther Voere models K14 and K15 guns. Regards, Shark1

Quote Originally Posted by shark1 View Post
    You can tell the quality of the Monarch's was starting to slip.
    Accountants and their stupid penny pinching. The ad boys most likely got to work extolling the virtues of the new improved trigger.. I am of course assuming that the triggers on the Viscount and Monarch are different and not the same? Why is it when they improve something it's always worse than the unimproved version?