Thread: 1st aid

1st aid

did my emergency 1st aid course yesterday its well worth the one hundred and fifty quid

that is on my list
    which one did you do? 3day First aid at work?

Hope I never need it, I have stalked for more than forty years and not needed it but its a sign of the times

forked out 117quid to do it in December.

just one day course with st johns ambulance

FYI - first aid has been 'de-regulated' so you can go to any registered provider and they can tailor the content /scenarios to its intended use. In my case I did 16 hr (2 day) first aid course, all based round being away from the office/phone/help and only having a basic first aid kit. It also covered the required bits to qualify for the +F status. It covers enough to be used in lieu of a 3 day first aid at work ticket. Best thing about it - most of it was practicing scenarios outside, with basic kit and realistic problems not pretending to unplug electricals or put ring bandages round chicken bones.

Outdoor 1st aid on here - First Aid Cumbria :

work always sends us to the cheapest,they have no loyalty other than price.done it with ST John,s ambulance/Red Cross /West Mids training,back to ST Johns .But working in factory that uses craft knives ,cutters and air drills i get practical exams every month .Im not a believer in compulsory anything but i do think everyone should have a basic first aid course under their belt and it should be free.
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    work always sends us to the cheapest,they have no loyalty other than price.done it with ST John,s ambulance/Red Cross /West Mids training,back to ST Johns .But working in factory that uses craft knives ,cutters and air drills i get practical exams every month .Im not a believer in compulsory anything but i do think everyone should have a basic first aid course under their belt and it should be free.
    I will pay for mine. looking to do the 3day. should be comprehensive enough

as long as the money is spent wisely by st johns i think most is spent on venues and insurance

Gents, don't settle for the bear minimum with an instructor with little/no real life experience. I am organising an L2 EFAW+F course in Feb with an experienced Medic and deer stalker as the instructor. It will be relevant stuff and a very interesting day. See the post and get in contact if you are interested.... Available: First aid course - l2 efaw+f
    Last edited by Tackleberry270; 13-01-2016 at 14:04.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk